Hundreds marched during the planned Occupy NWA event in Downtown Fayetteville on Saturday. The local protest was one of nearly 1,000 Occupy Wall Street events held worldwide Oct. 15. (KNWA, KHBS, KFSM)
Construction began this morning on a tunnel beneath North Garland Avenue that will connect Fayetteville’s western neighborhoods to Scull Creek Trail. (NWA Online)
The search continues for a new director of Fayetteville Public Library. Former director Shawna Thorup resigned the position in August. Board member Dan Ferritor is heading the search. (NWA Online)
Locals: Sara Taylor, Lena Mangold, Steven Thomas, Shawna Mullens Ginn, Amjad Faur, Tim Miller
Others: Country singer Earl Thomas Conley is 70, drummer Michael Hossack of The Doobie Brothers is 65, actor George Wendt is 63, country singer Alan Jackson is 53, animator Mike judge is 49, comedian Norm Macdonald is 48, reggae singer Ziggy Marley is 43, singer Chris Kirkpatrick of ‘N Sync is 40, rapper Eminem is 39, and Wyclef Jean is 39.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
It’s not very often that there’s a big hop hop show featuring emcees from Fayetteville, Little Rock, and beyond at George’s on a Monday. It just so happens, however, that this Monday is an exception.
Elsewhere, Jason Plumlee is at JJ’s Grill, and Darren Ray will be making his regular Monday appearance at Pesto Cafe.
- JJ’s Grill: Jason Plumlee
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist, Andrew Parr – Piano
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Lucio / T-jay / Smar-t jones / Sarx / The illusionest
- City Hall, Room 111 Committee to Review the Telecommunications Ordinance – 12:00 p.m.
- Fayetteville Public Library, Ann Henry Room: Public Library Board of Trustees – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111 Animal Services Advisory Board * – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk