The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 18, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a very brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
Cindi Cope, Chair of the Fayetteville in Bloom Program, announced that the city won multiple America in Bloom awards this year, including a win in the population category, a recognition for environmental efforts, an award for number of years participating in the program, and others. We’ll have more on this later.
City Attorney Kit Williams requested to walk on resolution to approve a settlement agreement in the amount of $60,0000 with landowners Patrick and Darlene Tobin on a case dating back to 2009. (Pass 7-1, Alderman Petty voted no)
All four consent items passed* the council Tuesday night.
- RZN 11-3892 (Fayette Junction Master Plan): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 11-3892, for select properties located within the Fayette Junction Master Plan area totaling approximately 225 acres. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the October 4, 2011 City Council meeting. (Pass 8-0)
- RRZN 11-3916 (Holcomb Heights PZD/TTO LLC: An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 11-3916, for approximately 19.24 acres, located at the southwest corner of Salem and Weir Road from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District (06-2281 Holcomb Heights I and 07-2613 Holcomb Heights II), to RSF-8, Residential Single-Family, 8 units per acre. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the October 4, 2011 City Council meeting. (Pass 8-0)
- RADM 11-3943 Belclaire Subdivision-Amendment to Bill of Assurance): An ordinance to amend Section 3 of Ordinance No. 4605 to amend the Bill of Assurance to reduce the minimum house size from 2,400 square feet to 2,000 square feet. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the October 4, 2011 City Council meeting. (Pass 8-0)
- VAC 11-3931 (510 W. 11th St. & 989 S. School Ave./Campus Crest): An ordinance approving VAC 11-3931 submitted by Morrison Shipley Engineers, Inc. for property located at 510 West 11th Street and 989 South School Avenue to vacate unconstructed street right-of-way. (Pass 8-0)
- VAC 11-3940 (Summit Place Subdivision): An ordinance approving VAC 11-3940 submitted by Coover Consultants for property located in the Summit Place Subdivision to vacate a portion of a utility easement throughout the subdivision. (Pass 8-0)
- ADM 11-3934 (Amend UDC Chapters 164.12 and 164.13): An ordinance amending the Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville related to Nonconforming Uses and Structures and Non Residential Uses in R Districts.(Pass 8-0)
- NWA Entertainment, LLC: An ordinance waiving competitive bidding and approving a cost-share agreement with NWA Entertainment, LLC in the amount of $75,255.00 for water line design and construction for the Arkansas Music Pavilion. Additional: NWA Entertainment, LLC (Pass 8-0)