Fayetteville got plenty of great promotion during last night’s episode of “Depth Chart” on ESPN. The hour-long documentary on Arkansas’ quarterbacks chronicled the week leading up to the Auburn game earlier this month and included a lot of footage from around town. The UA campus was the primary feature, but there were gorgeous shots of other areas including the downtown square and the county courthouse.
We received a press release late Wednesday afternoon with news that the Fayetteville Underground would soon be dissolving. Here’s more on that.
You’ve got until 5 p.m. today to enter our giveaway for two tickets to see Dr. Dog next month at George’s Majestic Lounge. Get yourself entered!
Locals: Lauren Adams, Kate Adams, Juliette Duncan, Jennifer Joyner, Duncan Clayton, Rhetha George, Kimberly Toller, Valerie Whitman, Colin Hardaway and Ray Boudreaux.
Others: Actor-comedian John Cleese is 72, country singer Lee Greenwood is 69, bassist Garry Tallent (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 62, author Fran Lebowitz is 61, guitarist K.K. Downing (Judas Priest) is 60, singer Simon LeBon (Duran Duran) is 53, singer Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) is 44 and TV personality Kelly Osbourne is 27.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Today marks the beginning of the 2011 Offshoot Film Fest in Fayetteville.
At 5:30 p.m., Matt Miller Studio hosts a wine reception for filmmakers and guests, then at 7 p.m., the films officially begin with Karaoke Man followed by Couples Retreat: A Series of Shorts.
For more, check out the full 2011 Offshoot Film Fest schedule.
Also tonight, Smoke & Barrel has Double Tough w/ Shortfuze, George’s has Robert Randolph and the Family Band, and JR’s hosts Texas band When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- UA Student Union: ‘No Impact Man’ author Colin Beavan
- UA Global Campus: Offshoot Film Fest
- Fayetteville Public Library: Filmmaker Institute: The Basics of Pre-Production
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Keeping Backyard Chickens
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Theo Reynolds / Joe Turley
- First United Presbyterian Church: David LaMotte concert
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Studio Recital of Janice Yoes’ Students
- Walton Arts Center: West Side Story
- Arts Live Theatre: Teenagers From Outer Space
- Rowdy Beaver Den: ‘80s karaoke
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Robert Randolph and the Family Band / The Sheepdogs
- JJ’s Grill: Jamie Wolfe & the Wranglers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Double Tough w/ Shortfuze
- Dickson Street Pub: Will Brand
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth
Thursday Public Meetings
|4:15 p.m.||Fayetteville Public Facilities Board Meeting||Fulbright Building|
|5:30 p.m.||Fayetteville School Board (agenda)||Adams Leadership Center|
|6:00 p.m.||Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:00 p.m.||Housing Authority Board of Commissioners *||City Hall, Room 111|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk