It is absolutely beautiful in Fayetteville right now.
The fall foliage is probably at its peak this weekend, so in addition to all of the stuff on this week’s calendar, it might be a good idea to take a drive, walk, or bike ride around town and enjoy these views while they last.
The weather is pretty much perfect, too. Have a great weekend, everyone.
Singer/songwriter Corey Smith is back in town for a show at George’s Majestic Lounge Friday night with duo Florida Georgia Line opening the show. Ultra Suede and Leah & the Mojo Doctors kick off the night for happy hour.
The Mike Anderson era of Razorback Basketball begins at Bud Walton Arena with the Hogs taking on Texas A&M Commerce Friday night. Tipoff is at 7 p.m.
Vermont folk duo Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen are at GoodFolk, and good old Cletus Got Shot is back in town for a show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern with Austin rockers Not in the Face.
There are only three Saturday Farmers’ Markets left on the Fayetteville square this season, and one of them is happening this week. Better get down there.
The No. 7 ranked Razorbacks are taking on No. 9 ranked South Carolina at Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday. A few of your friends will probably be down there. Kickoff is at 6:15 p.m.
Have you ever seen a production of The Importance of Being Earnest? Well, you should, and Aquila Theatre Company will be performing the classic play at Walton Arts Center on Saturday. Tickets are available for $10.
Comedy-wise, Phunbags Comedy Improv are back at UARK Bowl. Show starts at 8 p.m., and tickets are $5 at the door.
Sunday night, Ryan Montbleau Band is at George’s Majestic Lounge.
Also, there’s a watch party for AMC’s The Walking Dead at Smoke & Barrel .
There’s lots more below.
Brooke Austin, Ebony Allen, David Lewis, Jaimie E. Robinson, John Angleton, Laine Gates, Shawn Frick, Zaynab Alnasery, Brandi Vaughn, Kelly Blundell, Mark Howard, Erin Boss, Christi Daniels, Debbie Holmes, Alisha Gourley, Donavan Suitt, Kevin Kelsey, Terry Tremwel, Jason Bigbee, Audry Jett, Dana Ellison, Fred Talley, Cayla Wilson, Lindsey Crighton, Jen Roberts, Sara Batterton, Heather Hackworth and Kim Ross.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Friday, Nov. 4
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Corey Smith / Florida Georgia Line / Ultra Suede / Leah & the Mojo Doctors
- Greenhouse Grille: Lacy Morris Duo
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Joseph Ralston – Guitar Performance
- Bud Walton Arena: UA Basketball vs. Texas A&M Commerce
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Amanda Cramer
- GoodFolk: Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen
- The Wine Cellar: Jovan & Jake
- JJ’s Grill: Arkansas Brothers Band
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Mississippi Fever
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cletus Got Shot / Not in the Face!
Saturday, Nov. 5
- ROTC Grill: UA Homecoming Pancake Breakfast fundraiser
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Ozark Natural Foods: Artist reception for Shawna Arnold
- Reynolds Razorback Stadium: UA Football vs. South Carolina
- Legacy Blues Lounge: RJ Mischo Blues Band / Theo Reynolds
- UARK Bowl: Phunbags Comedy Improv
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Groovement
- Walton Arts Center: The Importance of Being Earnest – Aquila Theatre Company
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Brian Ellis
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Harvest Moon Ultimate Frisbee Party
- JJ’s Grill: Vikki McGhee Band
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt Smith Group
Sunday, Nov. 6