Another earthquake shook Central Oklahoma Wednesday morning. The U.S. Geological Survey reports a 3.0-magnitude quake hit at 6:08 a.m. just outside of Prague. This is the latest in a series of almost daily earthquakes to measure 3.0 or stronger since Saturday morning.
Arkansas voters yesterday renewed a $575 million bond program to repair over 355 miles of interstate highways.
Due to a one-game suspension for violation of a team rule, the Arkansas men’s basketball team was without freshman guard Ky Madden during its 76-54 win over Christian Brothers Tuesday night at Bud Walton Arena.
NPR’s Elizabeth Blair said Friday’s opening of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is the art world’s biggest event in decades, but wonders if some people’s distrust of Wal-Mart might rub off on the project.
Locals: Becky Roark, Elisabeth Bostian, Lula Starr, Melissa Dawn, Susan McNamee-Coffer, Ashlee Smith and Suni Vallun.
Others: Actor Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) is 60, rapper Pepa of Salt-N-Pepa is 42, rapper Scarface (Geto Boys) is 41, actor Eric Dane (Grey’s Anatomy) is 39 and singer Nick Lachey is 38.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Also tonight, Austin-based Nelo are at George’s, Fayetteville blues rockers Michael Tisdale & The Union are at Rogue, and Smoke & Barrel hosts another edition of Tavern Trivia led by local man-of-many-hats Bo Counts.
- Greenhouse Grille: Chooch Solo
- JJ’s Grill: Jason Plumlee
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Paul Hunt – Guest Faculty Trombone Concert
- Nightbird Books: Jonathan Lethem night
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Nelo
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia / Mixx Tenn
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris / DJ Derick D
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: DJ Sam Houser / Canned Food Drive
- Rogue: Michael Tisdale & The Union
- Fix Ultralounge: FIX Wednesdays w/ MIxtek
Wednesday Public Meetings
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 11-63, Const of Riverbank Stabilization on the White River||City Hall, Room 326|
|4:00 p.m.||Urban Forestry Advisory Board *||City Hall, Room 326|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk