The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Nov. 15, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
All seven consent items passed the council Tuesday night including approval of a lease with Prism Education Center for property located at 2190 South Razorback Road and the acceptance of a donation from Jimmy and Jeanie Hill of a public bench in Wilson Park.
It should be noted, however, that item No. 5 (approval of changes to Fayetteville Police Department policies) was pulled from consent for amendment to clarify that during “field interviews,” police cannot stop vehicles or detain any citizen without reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. Clarifications were also made regarding termination of field interviews if citizens do not wish to speak to police officers.
- Parking Revenue Improvement Bonds: An ordinance authorizing the issuance and sale of up to $6,500,000 in Parking Revenue Improvement Bonds to finance a parking deck in the Dickson Street area. (Pass 8-0)
- Sales Tax Capital Fund: An ordnance to enact section 34.09 Sales Tax Capital Fund of the Code of Fayetteville. (Pass 8-0)
- Amend Chapter 178 (ADM 11-3932 UDC Chapter 178 Outdoor Vendors): An ordinance to make changes to city code regarding sidewalk vendors and to clarify cart requirements. (Pass 8-0)
- CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. Amendment No. 2 (also): A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 2 with CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $6,656,934 for operation, maintenance, management and engineering services for city wastewater treatment facilities and systems, and approving a $70,000 contract contingency. (Pass 8-0)
- AT&T Arkansas Plexar Telephone Line Services: An ordinance waiving competitive bidding and approving a contract with AT&T Arkansas in the amount of $91,200 for Plexar Telephone line services. (Pass 8-0)
- AT&T Arkansas Managed Internet Services: An ordinance waiving competitive bidding and approving a contract with AT&T Arkansas in the amount of $22,548 for managed internet services. (Pass 8-0)
- Ambulance Services Interlocal Agreement: A resolution approving an amendment to the Interlocal Agreement for Ambulance Services. (Pass 8-0)
- Community Access Television, Inc.: A resolution to renew with slight modifications the second year of the contract with Community Access Television, Inc. in the amount of $93,000 to operate the Public Access Channel throughout 2012. (Pass 8-0)
- 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program (also): A resolution adopting the 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program. (Tabled until next meeting)
- ADM 11-3782 Cottage House Development (also): An ordinance to enact a Cottage Housing Development section into the city code and to amend Chapter 161 Zoning District to authorize Cottage Housing Developments as a right in multi-family residential districts and as a conditional use in single family residential districts. (Left on second reading)