In case you missed it…
Despite rumors – and a news report or two – that the Bank of Fayetteville had sold to First National of Fort Smith, a bank spokesperson tells us there’s been no sale and there’s no offer on the table.
If you’ve got late fees at the Fayetteville Public Library and a few extra canned goods or other food items in your cupboard, this week is your chance to trade them out.
Local architect Marlon Blackwell posted a video of the demolition of sections of Vol Walker Hall on the University of Arkansas campus. It’s pretty cool.
About 30 people attended Monday night’s Town Hall Meeting to hear Mayor Jordan and various department heads discuss what’s been happening with the city over the past three months.
The Fayetteville City Council last night authorized issuing up to $6.5 million in bonds to be used to pay for a Dickson Street area parking deck.
Locals: Alexandria Ferguson, Elaine Williams, Jared Davis, LeaAnn Van Winkle-Gisler, Sarah Clinard, Terri Russo, Adrienne Shaunfield and Susan Koop-Taylor.
Others: Former MLB pitcher Dwight Gooden is 47, guitarist Dave Kushner (Velvet Revolver) is 45, actress Lisa Bonet is 44, actress Martha Plimpton is 41, and actress Maggie Gyllenhaal is 34.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
- Men’s and women’s Razorback basketball at Bud Walton Arena.
- Student theatre at the UA Fine Arts Center.
- A beard-inspired dance party at FIX.
- A Broadway musical with music from 80s hair bands at Walton Arts Center.
- A jazz ensemble concert at the Student Union.
- A drunken spelling bee at JR’s.
- Live music from solo songwriters, a circle of songwriters and bands playing inside bars, restaurants and even a local elementary school.
Wow, Fayetteville. Wow.
- Bud Walton Arena: UA women’s basketball vs. Texas-Arlington
- Washington Elementary: Bent Grass Green
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris
- Greenhouse Grille: Tiffany Christopher
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- UA Student Union: UA Fall Jazz Ensemble Concert
- Bud Walton Arena: UA men’s basketball vs. Oakland
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Singer-songwriter circle
- Walton Arts Center: Rock of Ages
- UA Campus: University Theatre’s The Adding Machine
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Werks
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: JR’s Drunken Spelling Bee / DJ Stephanie Bolin
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern:
Grazzhopper Trace Rein & The Singletree
- Rogue: The Homewreckers
- Fix Ultralounge: Beards of Dubstep
Wednesday Public Meetings
|9:00 a.m.||Technical Plat Review||City Hall, Room 326|
|1:30 p.m.||Fourth Judicial District Drug Task Force||County Sheriff’s Office|
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 11-63, Const of Riverbank Stabilization on the White River||City Hall, Room 326|
|5:00 p.m.||Washington County Regional Ambulance Authority||Station 1|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk