In case you missed it…
Adventure Subaru held a groundbreaking ceremony earlier this week for their new home in Fayetteville. In the works is a 20,000-square-foot building that will accommodate 200 new and used cars.
Rock climber Aron Ralston will share his inspirational story, dramatized in the critically-acclaimed film, 127 Hours, at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28 in the Fayetteville Town Center.
The rumors of an ESPN documentary on former Arkansas head basketball coach Nolan Richardson are true. The one-hour film, tentatively titled “40 Minutes of Hell,” is part of the network’s “SEC: Storied” series.
Locals: Io Francis, David Colbert, Valeria Gibertoni, Liz Taylor, Brian Choate and Susan Foley.
Others: Director Martin Scorsese is 69, producer Lorne Michaels (Saturday Night Live) is 67, actor-director Danny DeVito is 67, entertainer RuPaul is 51, actress-model Daisy Fuentes is 45, country singer Aaron Lines is 34, actress Rachel McAdams is 33, guitarist Isaac Hanson (Hanson) is 31 and actress Raquel Castro is 17.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Want music? Texas country rockers the Randy Rogers Band are at George’s, Brooklyn’s Many Mansions play Smoke & Barrel with locals Trasspassers, and electro mix master Eliot Lipp (also from Brooklyn) is at LIT with Fort Smith’s Fractal Sky.
Want some theater with your music? The hair metal nostalgia-baiting Broadway musical Rock of Ages is at Walton Arts Center and promises heavy doses of sex, drugs and 1980s rock ‘n’ roll.
If none of that sounds fun, there’s plenty more on today’s list including lots of music, a couple more theater choices, live comedy and a few classes.
Here ya go:
- Ozark Natural Foods: Holiday Foods Cooking Demonstration
- Fayetteville Public Library: Filmmaker’s Institute Classes
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Harvest holiday table arrangements class
- Fayetteville Public Library: Welcomes Children’s Author/Illustrator Jim Arnosky
- JJ’s Grill: Darren Ray
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Tuba and Euphonium Studio Recital
- UARK Bowl: Songs in the Ville
- UA Student Union: Comedian Dan Ahdoot
- Walton Arts Center: Rock of Ages
- Dickson Theater: Supporting the Girls
- UA Global Campus: Arts Live Theatre presents Disney’s Cinderella
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Nate Hancock
- UA Campus: University Theatre’s The Adding Machine
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ocie Fischer Blues Band
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Many Mansions / Trasspassers
- Dickson Street Pub: Jimmy Garrett
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Randy Rogers Band
- LIT: Eliot Lipp / Fractal Sky
Thursday Public Meetings
|9:00 a.m.||Subdivision Committee *||City Hall, Room 326|
|1:30 p.m.||Airport Board *||Drake Field, Conference Room|
|2:00 p.m.||Deadline: RFP 11-12, Concession Services||City Hall, Room 306|
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 11-69, Irrigation Reels||City Hall, Room 111|
|4:00 p.m.||Commercial Building Energy Code||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:30 p.m.||Telecommunications Board *||City Hall, Room 219|
|6:00 p.m.||Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:00 p.m.||Housing Authority Board of Commissioners *||City Hall, Room 111|
|6:30 p.m.||Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting||Yvonne Richardson Center|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk