In case you missed it…
About 400 tickets to a free, secretly-located Girl Talk show will be given away at an AXE mobile truck somewhere on the University of Arkansas campus today. Details will likely appear first on the @AXE Twitter feed or on Facebook.
A new vegan restaurant is set to open in the space recently occupied by Tiamo in Evelyn Hills Shopping Center.
With a career high of 20 points, Mardracus Wade helped lead the Razorbacks to a 97-64 victory over Mississippi Valley State last night at Bud Walton Arena.
Locals: Pat Gregory, Jeff Edmisten, Kristin Kitchens, Michael Davis, Leann Halsey, Rachel Andersen, Stephen Compton, Vicky Noeltner, Jared Greer and Patricia Gregory.
Others: Actor-director Woody Allen is 76, singer-guitarist Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult) is 67, drummer John Densmore (The Doors) is 67, actress-singer Bette Midler is 66, comedian Sarah Silverman is 41 and actor David Hornsby (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) is 36.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
It’s going to be busy on the square this evening.
For starters, the artists of the Fayetteville Underground will celebrate the opening of their third annual Art for the Holidays exhibition at 5 p.m. It will be the final First Thursday event at the current location inside East Square Plaza. The artists hope to move to a new home and resurface as the Fayetteville Art Alliance in early 2012.
A few doors down, the two-day Artini Festival (that’s art and martinis) kicks off at 5:30 p.m. inside the Fayetteville Town Center. The event will feature an art sale by local artists and martini creations by local bartenders.
If that’s not enough art for one night, a free limo service will shuttle people over to the Heartwood Gallery Open House beginning at 6 p.m.
There’s more tonight, too, including live music, DJ dance parties and a UA saxophone ensemble concert.
- Fayetteville Town Center: Artini Festival
- Kathy P. Thompson Studios: Fayetteville Arts Alliance benefit at Studio 3
- JJ’s Grill: TJ Scarlett
- Heartwood Gallery: Heartwood Gallery Open House
- Scarpino: Jingle Mingle for Single Parent Scholarship Fund
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: DJs Rev. Stiles and Beat Bachs
- Fayetteville Underground: December First Thursday: Art for the Holidays
- GoodFolk: Chuck Pyle
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Saxophone Ensemble Concert
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Woods Brothers / Seth Walker
- Rogue: Honeyshine
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Aerosault 1st Thursday Dance Party
Thursday Public Meetings
|9:00 a.m.||Subdivision Committee *||City Hall, Room 326|
|12:00 p.m.||Special Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Meeting||Quarry Trace Hwy 16|
|5:30 p.m.||FFEAC Local Food Group||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:00 p.m.||Partners for Better Housing||City Hall, Room 111|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk