You’ve heard of Black Friday. You might have shopped during Small Business Saturday. Cyber Monday?
Well, get ready for Local Art and Craft Market Weekend, ’cause that’s what’s up in Fayetteville over the next few days.
We’re not sure if that’s really a thing, but it so happens that several of the 12 local art markets, holiday bazaars, etc. that we wrote about earlier this week are happening this weekend.
There’s more too. Do something awesome.
If you really wanted to stop by the Fayetteville Town Center on Thursday for the Artini Festival on Thursday night, but weren’t able to make it, don’t panic. It’s a two-day festival. Martinis (and art) will be served from 5:30 – 9 p.m. Friday night as well.
The 11th Annual Block Street Holiday Art Sale at Mike Shirkey’s GoodFolk house on Block Avenue starts Friday night, and runs through the weekend. Art from 11 different local artists will be for sale, and it’s generally pretty affordable. There are usually snacks, pastries, and coffee, too.
Tunes wise, George’s Majestic Lounge has Belaires for happy hour, and the Casey Donahew Band show later on is expected to sell out.
The “secret” Girl Talk show that everyone has been freaking out about is going down at Dickson Theater Friday night. If you didn’t spend the majority of the day Thursday chasing a black Snow Cone truck around town, you’re probably out of luck for tickets on this one. That was the only way to get them.
Rogue has Louisiana gypsy band Vagabond Swing, and locals Michael Tisdale & The Union are at Legacy Blues.
The Fayetteville Bulldogs are driving to Little Rock to take on the Bentonville Tigers (does that sound weird to anyone else?) in the 7A state championship football game Saturday night. FHS students will broadcast the game on Cox Cable channel 217, Uverse Channel 99, and at the school’s website.
There are more local art sales on Saturday. Among them, The Little Craft Show is at Vintage Fellowship Church, the NWACCC Holiday Bazaar at Nadine Baum Studios, and the Farmers’ Market Holiday Gift Market at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
George’s Majestic Lounge has another big show on Saturday night with Alabama duo Boombox. This one’s close to a sell out too, FYI.
Also in tunes, another installment of Anthony Ball’s Soul Night is at UARK Bowl, Randall Shreve & The Sideshow are doing their annual 1932 Vaudeville party at Rogue, and Flipoff Pirates are at Smoke & Barrel.
The folks behind the Block Street Block Party are throwing a holiday-themed event along Block Avenue on Sunday. The first ever Block Street Bizarre will feature a visit from the Grinch, outdoor marshmallow toasting, a record-your-own-Christmas-carol station, a scavenger hunt, and lots more. Here’s more info.
Also on Block Avenue, JR’s Lightbulb Club is hosting an art event called Magical Damage Carnival: Monster’s Ball from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Seven different artists will have work for sale, and DJ EJ will provide some tunes.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is holding their annual Alternative Gift Market from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday. It’s a cool concept. Instead of material gifts, you can buy things like food for the hungry, care for the sick, shelter for the homeless, etc.
Local band The Old 78’s will celebrate the release of a new album, “The Women Wear No Clothes At All” at Greenhouse Grille. The show starts at around 6 p.m.
Matt Barker, Chad Coleman, Robert Warner, James Russell, Shane Armfield, Drew Harriman, Mark Owens, James Bearden, NaCole Raggio, Brian Perry, Michele Sample, Ryan Hunter, Russell Williams, John Sampson, John Helm, John Helm, Chris Frazier, Alex Ha, Stevie Tombstone, Justine McDuffie, Deana Dean, Erin Conrad, Dotti Fick, Christina Thomas, Nathan Allen, Tiffany Cox, Russell Jones, Cydnee Cochran, Ryan Kelly and Amanda Lynch.
*Send us your birthday shout outs.
Friday, Dec. 2
- Rogue: Vagabond Swing
- Dickson Theater: Girl Talk
- Greenhouse Grille: Carter Sampson
- Fayetteville Town Center: Artini Festival
- GoodFolk: 11th Annual Block Street Holiday Art Sale
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Belaires / Casey Donahew Band
- JJ’s Grill: Jason Strode
- The Wine Cellar: Jones & Leah
- ROTC Grill: Bill Dollar & Loose Change
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Michael Tisdale & The Union
Saturday, Dec. 3
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Holiday Farmers’ Market
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Percussion / Bass Trobmone Recital
- GoodFolk: Block Street Art Sale
- Vintage Fellowship: Little Craft Show
- JJ’s Grill: SEC Championship watch party
- Trailside Cafe & Tea Room: Trailside Art VIllage Holiday Bazaar
- First United Presbyterian Church: Celebration of Light
- Walton Arts Center: UA Choral “Winterfest” Concert
- New Design School: 7th Annual New Design School Winter Gala
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Boombox
- ROTC Grill: The Uncrowned Kings
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The String Bandits
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Honeyshine
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Flipoff Pirates
- UARK Bowl: Soul Night
- Rogue: Randall Shreve & The Sideshow
Sunday, Dec. 4
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: St. Paul’s Alternative Gift Market
- Greenhouse Grille: Pat Pathoumthong
- Common Grounds: Sarah Hughes
- Block Street: Block Street Bizarre 2011
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Magical Damage Carnival: Monster’s Ball
- GoodFolk: Block Street Art Sale
- Walton Arts Center: “Home for the Holidays” Community Concert