A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council is set for 6 p.m. Dec. 6 in room 219 of City Hall, 113 West Mountain Street.
Below is a brief overview of what to expect at tonight’s meeting.
There are 11 consent items on tonight’s agenda including a resolution to name the alley that runs from Dickson Street south toward Center Street between School Avenue and Locust Avenue “Midtown Alley.” This item will likely be pulled from consent as there is a public group who would like a different name.
The following two items make up the unfinished business section of tonight’s agenda.
- 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program [PDF]: A resolution adopting the 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program. (Tabled at Dec. 6 meeting)
- ADM 11-3782 Cottage House Development [PDF]: An ordinance to enact a Cottage Housing Development section into the city code and to amend Chapter 161 Zoning District to authorize Cottage Housing Developments as a right in multi-family residential districts and as a conditional use in single family residential districts. (Left on second reading Dec. 6)
Following the unfinished business, expect a public hearing concerning approval of a certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for the Green Cab Company to operate within the City of Fayetteville. [PDF, 2]
The following 11 items make up the new business agenda for tonight.
- Amend §94.05 Use of Fireworks: [PDF]: An ordinance to amend city code’s use of fireworks section by replacing “First Night” with “Last Night”.
- RZN 11-3960 (1730 N. Old Wire Road) Appeal [PDF, 2]: An ordinance rezoning 8.6 acres, located at 1730 N. Old Wire Rd. from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units/acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation, subject to a Bill of Assurance.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to vacate about one-tenth of an acre of a tree preservation easement to be mitigated by the planting of 29 large species trees and developing the lot utilizing low impact development standards.
- Bellafont Gardens Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to approve a modification of the tree preservation area in the Bellafont Gardens development to shift about one-half acre of tree preservation area from Lot 1 to Lot 4.
- ADM 11-3994 (Forest Hills R-PZD Amendment No. 1) [PDF]: An ordinance amending a Residential Planned Zoning District to revise the concept plan and zoning criteria for Planning Area Three, reducing the number of dwelling units from 354 units to 240 units.
- Repeal and Replace §34.27 Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property [PDF, 2]: An ordinance to repeal city code by replacing the Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property section and to enact an emergency clause.
- Springdale Water and Sewer Commission Easement [PDF]: A resolution to approve the sale of a permanent water/sewer easement of 0.383 acres and a temporary construction easement adjoining the permanent water/sewer easement along Highway 265 to the Springdale Water and Sewer Commission for $3,000.
- Amend Chapter 92 [PDF, 2]:
- Amend §50.40 Rates for Services [PDF]: An ordinance to amend the Rates for Services section of city code by enacting a new subsection to charge $0.95 per month per multi-family unit for recycling services when offered.
- Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District [PDF]: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville and the Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District in the amount of $53,350 to provide public recreation services for the senior citizens of Fayetteville for 2012.
- Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc. [PDF]: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville and the Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc. in the amount of $205,350 to provide public recreation services for the youth and citizens of Fayetteville for 2012.