In case you missed it…
When we drove by earlier, there was no sign of any detour, but city officials say they’ll be rerouting traffic on Garland Avenue through Agri Park today while transportation workers smooth out the surface over the newly constructed tunnel.
Two new restaurants opened in Fayetteville recently, two more will open soon, and a couple more have either closed or will be closing. Here’s the list.
The Texas singer/songwriter, and long-time visitor to Fayetteville, Pat Green will be at George’s Majestic Lounge for a show on Jan. 28. Also, according to their website, Lucero is headed back to town for two nights in late February.
Locals: Tressa Disney, Cheryl Freeman, Heather Bates, Joshua Zachary, Jessmond Chew, Lee Murray, Michael Hodson, Philip Shepherd, Rickey Scott, Zeek Martin, Tami Robison and Tammy Woodward-Bell.
Others: Singer Cindy Birdsong (The Supremes) is 72, drummer Dave Clark (Dave Clark Five) is 69, actor Don Johnson is 62, bassist Paul Simonon (The Clash) is 56, actor Michael Shanks (Stargate SG-1) is 41, and actor Adam Brody (The O.C.) is 32.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Soon after releasing their debut album, Expanding Anyway, the band, discovered by Modest Mouse frontman Isaac Brock, made a national TV appearance on the “Late Show with David Letterman.”
Also tonight, TheatreSquared begins its second week of “It’s a Wonderful Life” performances, UARK Bowl hosts another edition of Effron White’s Songs in the ‘Ville, and Ozark Natural Foods has a vegan cooking demo with “Blissful Chef” Christy Morgan.
The full list
- Ozark Natural Foods: Cooking demo with Christy Morgan
- JJ’s Grill: Clint Scrivner
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Russ Hutchison / Walter Savage
- Walton Arts Center: Manhattan Transfer – Holiday Show
- Nadine Baum Studios: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Derek van Lynn
- Dickson Theater: Morning Teleportation / Fauxnz / First Baptist Chemical
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Get Fresh Thursdays
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Mixx Tenn
- UARK Bowl: Songs in the ‘Ville
- Rogue: Brian Mullen Band
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011
|10:00 a.m.||Employee Recognition Awards||City Hall, Room 219|
|5:30 p.m.||Telecommunications Board *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:00 p.m.||Housing Authority Board of Commissioners *||City Hall, Room 111|
|6:30 p.m.||Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting||Yvonne Richardson Center|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk