A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council is set for 6 p.m. Dec. 20 in room 219 of City Hall, 113 West Mountain Street.
Below is a brief overview of what to expect at tonight’s meeting.
Expect a brief presentation regarding the annual Fayetteville Town Center report [PDF] as well as an announcement of the Nominating Committee’s decisions on who should fill the Q4 open positions in various Fayetteville boards, commissions and committees.
There are nine consent items on tonight’s agenda including a resolution approving the Transportation Division’s overlay and sidewalk projects list for 2012 [PDF] and a resolution authorizing a $67,667 purchase of 37 LED light fixtures and poles to be installed on a new city trail [PDF].
The following six items make up the unfinished business section of tonight’s agenda.
- Premier Lighting Group [PDF]: A resolution authorizing a $70,661 purchase of 37 LED light fixtures and poles to be installed on a new city trail. (Tabled at Dec. 6 meeting)
- Naming Alley [PDF]: A resolution to name the alley that runs from Dickson Street south toward Center Street between School Avenue and Locust Avenue for 911 purposes. (Tabled at Dec. 6 meeting)
- RZN 11-3960 (1730 N. Old Wire Road) Appeal [PDF]: An ordinance rezoning 8.6 acres, located at 1730 N. Old Wire Rd. from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units/acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation, subject to a Bill of Assurance. (Left on second reading at Dec. 6 meeting)
- Hilton Garden Inn Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to vacate about one-tenth of an acre of a tree preservation easement to be mitigated by the planting of 29 large species trees and developing the lot utilizing low impact development standards. (Tabled at Dec. 6 meeting)
- Bellefont Gardens Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to approve a modification of the tree preservation area in the Bellafont Gardens development to shift about one-half acre of tree preservation area from Lot 1 to Lot 4. (Tabled at Dec. 6 meeting)
- Amend §50.40 Rates for Services [PDF]: An ordinance to amend the Rates for Services section of city code by enacting a new subsection to charge $0.95 per month per multi-family unit for recycling services when offered. (Left on first reading at Dec. 6 meeting)
The following four items make up the new business section of tonight’s agenda.
- RZN 11-3971 (Best Way St. & Hollywood Ave.) [PDF]: An ordinance rezoning about 25 acres of property located at the end of Best Way Street and Hollywood Avenue from C-2 (Thoroughfare Commercial) to RMF-12 (Residential Multi-Family, 12 units per acre).
- ADM 11-3993 (UDC Amendment I-1 Zoning District) [PDF]: An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville to modify the rear setback requirement in the I-1 zoning district.
- Amend Section 33.240 [PDF]: An ordinance amending Section 33.240: Purposes and Duties of Article XI: Environmental Action Committee of Chapter 33: Departments, Boards Commission, and authorities of the Code of Fayetteville to provide additional authority related to Community Wildlife Habitat Certification.
- Kum & Go Appeal [PDF, 2]: Appeal of the Planning Commission’s decision to limit access for a proposed Kum & Go station at MLK Jr. Blvd. and Hill Avenue.