The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Dec. 20, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
The Nominating Committee provided the council with its selections for several open board and committee positions. The following candidates were appointed and approved by the council Tuesday night:
Quin Thompson – Active Transportation Advisory Committee
Gale Wingate – Active Transportation Advisory Committee
Jared Hintergardt – Active Transportation Advisory Committee
Nick Jones – Active Transportation Advisory Committee
Aaron Thomas – Active Transportation Advisory Committee
Ken Haxel – Airport Board, UA term
Bill Corley – Airport Board, aeronautical term
Judy Jacobs – Audit Committee
Tim Stein – Board of Adjustments
Brian Hogue – Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
Dana Smith – Environmental Action Committee
Lori Yazwinski – Environmental Action Committee
Matthew Cabe – Housing Authority Board of Commissioners
Phillip McKnight – Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
Grant Hodges – Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
Greg Goggans – Telecommunications Board
Betty Martin – Urban Forestry Advisory Board
Donald Steinkraus – Urban Forestry Advisory Board
*There were no applications received for the open Animal Services Advisory Board position.
The annual Town Center Report [PDF] was given to council members, but not discussed Tuesday night.
Aside from the minutes from the previous meeting which were pulled because they weren’t ready, the entire consent agenda passed the council Tuesday night including a resolution approving the Transportation Division’s overlay and sidewalk projects list for 2012 [PDF] and a resolution authorizing a $67,667 purchase of 37 LED light fixtures and poles to be installed on a new city trail [PDF].
The following six items made up the unfinished business section of the agenda.
- Premier Lighting Group [PDF]: A resolution authorizing a $70,661 purchase of 37 LED light fixtures and poles to be installed on a new city trail. (Tabled indefinitely)
- Naming Alley [PDF]: A resolution to name the alley that runs from Dickson Street south toward Center Street between School Avenue and Locust Avenue for 911 purposes. (Shipley Alley amendment passed 8-0. Diagon Alley amendment failed 6-2 with Petty and Kinion voting yes.)
- RZN 11-3960 (1730 N. Old Wire Road) Appeal [PDF]: An ordinance rezoning 8.6 acres, located at 1730 N. Old Wire Rd. from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units/acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation, subject to a Bill of Assurance. (Pass 8-0)
- Hilton Garden Inn Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to vacate about one-tenth of an acre of a tree preservation easement to be mitigated by the planting of 29 large species trees and developing the lot utilizing low impact development standards. (Pass 8-0)
- Bellefont Gardens Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to approve a modification of the tree preservation area in the Bellafont Gardens development to shift about one-half acre of tree preservation area from Lot 1 to Lot 4. (Tabled until Jan. 17)
- Amend §50.40 Rates for Services [PDF]: An ordinance to amend the Rates for Services section of city code by enacting a new subsection to charge $0.95 per month per multi-family unit for recycling services when offered. (Pass 8-0)
The following four items make up the new business section of tonight’s agenda.
- RZN 11-3971 (Best Way St. & Hollywood Ave.) [PDF]: An ordinance rezoning about 25 acres of property located at the end of Best Way Street and Hollywood Avenue from C-2 (Thoroughfare Commercial) to RMF-12 (Residential Multi-Family, 12 units per acre). (Pass 8-0)
- ADM 11-3993 (UDC Amendment I-1 Zoning District) [PDF]: An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville to modify the rear setback requirement in the I-1 zoning district. (Pass 8-0)
- Amend Section 33.240 [PDF]: An ordinance amending Section 33.240: Purposes and Duties of Article XI: Environmental Action Committee of Chapter 33: Departments, Boards Commission, and authorities of the Code of Fayetteville to provide additional authority related to Community Wildlife Habitat Certification. (Pass 8-0)
- Kum & Go Appeal [PDF, 2]: Appeal of the Planning Commission’s decision to limit access for a proposed Kum & Go station at MLK Jr. Blvd. and Hill Avenue. (Tabled until next meeting)