5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Yeah, 2011 was alright, but it’s pretty much over now. It’s time to say hello to 2012.
Here’s hoping those Mayans had no idea what they were talking about. Happy New Year.
Despite the widely-circulated posts on Facebook that indicate AAA is offering a free service called “Tipsy Tow” on New Year’s Eve, we’ve found no evidence to suggest that such a service will be offered in Fayetteville. In fact, it looks like the service is not offered locally at all.
Here are three local taxi companies:
Dynasty Cab – 479-521-8294
Green Cab – 479-966-4111
NWA Taxi – 479-571-8294
Friday: Dan Daniel, Lisa Sharp, Cathy Campbell, Roselie Gingras, Nancy Zomaya, Cindy Still Andersen, Liz Forsbach, Sage Bramhall, Jason Bunch, Marlix Blevins, Sandra Cox and Kyle Leyenberger.
Saturday: Joe Boles, Mark Kinion, Mike Greenbaum, Emily White, Jennifer Bariola, Sonya Castillo, Greg McCuin, Chad Hammontree, Leigh Beck and Thomas Sharp.
Sunday: Donovan Young, Ann Cox, Leigh Ann Barham, Ashley Bevins, Jamey Thompson, Khoi Nguyen, Cindy McAnarney, Brian Mello, Rodney Kat and Lori Hughen.
Monday: Brandy Kinghorn, Joyce Keith George and Tobias Wray.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
Friday Events, Dec. 30
TheatreSquared will conclude its run of performances of the holiday classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life” this weekend at Nadine Baum Studios. Last we heard, it was on pace to become the best selling show in T2 history. High five.
There’s a basketball game tonight, with the UA men’s team taking on Texas Southern at Bud Walton Arena. Tipoff is at 7:05 p.m.
Tunes wise, local legends The Cate Brothers are in the garden at George’s Majestic Lounge during happy hour starting at 6 p.m. Blues master Michael Burks takes the lounge stage at 7 p.m.
Greenhouse Grille is serving up a special New Year’s menu all weekend, set to the music of Hog Town Hot Club on Friday night.
Also in blues, Smoke & Barrel Tavern has local blues harmonica master RJ Mischo featuring Dallas Breed on guitar.
Full Friday list:
- Fayetteville Public Library: Winter Movie Festival: Kung Fu Panda 2
- Greenhouse Grille: Hog Town Hot Club
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Scott Young
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage / Cherry Brooks and Cal Jacksons
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Bud Walton Arena: UA basketball men vs. Texas Southern
- Billy’s Grill: Joe Giles and the Homewreckers
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Cate Brothers / Michael Burks
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Jukebox
- JJ’s Grill: Jason Strode
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Great Scotts
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: RJ Mischo featuring Dallas Breed
- Rogue: Army Of Birds
- Dickson Street Pub: Michael Tisdale
Saturday Events, Dec. 31
There’s a huge New Year’s Eve party on the Fayetteville square Saturday night. Last Night Fayetteville features over 20 performances at eight venues including a giant puppet parade, a Hog drop countdown to midnight, and a fireworks finale. Check out our handy guide for more information.
Smoke & Barrel will ring in 2012 with local badass-punk-grassers, Cletus Got Shot. Kansas City band The Fall Down Drunks, along with Kansas singer/songwriter Tyler Gregory are also on the bill. Admission is $5.
George’s Majestic Lounge has a double-headliner show Saturday night for their New Year’s Eve party with gypsy-punk-country-grumble-boogiers, Dirtfoot and foot-stomping-hillbilly music from Mountain Sprout. Tickets are $12.
There’s a rock show at Maxine’s Tap Room with Womanimal, The Inner Party, and Pissbroke, and Rogue has Revelution Butterfly, 90lb Wrench, and Amsterdam.
Mojo’s Pints & Pies has an all-ages show with Surf De Soleil, and Greenhouse Grille has Matt Smith Jazz.
Full Saturday list:
- Nadine Baum Studios:
TheatreSquared: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- Fayetteville Square: Last Night Fayetteville
- Speakeasy: Roaring 20’s Party
- Starlight Skatium: NYE All Night Skate
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Womanimal / The Inner Party / Pissbroke
- Billy’s Grill: Another Fine Mess
- ROTC Grill: The Bramhall Brothers
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Dirtfoot / Mountain Sprout
- JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- Legacy Blues Lounge: LaFuSo
- On The Mark: Ultrasonic Nozzle
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: JR’s New Year’s Eve Super Party
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Surf De Soliel
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cletus Got Shot / Tyler Gregory / The Fall Down Drunks
- The Wine Cellar: The Marshall Wallace Band
- Rogue: Revelution Butterfly / 90lb Wrench / Amsterdam
- Dickson Street Pub: Steve Dimmitt & Shannon McClung
Sunday Events, Jan. 1
The final performance of TheatreSquared’s It’s a Wonderful Life is set for 2 p.m. at Nadine Baum Studios, and later on, there’s a bluegrass jam of some sort at Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.
Full Sunday list:
Monday Events, Jan. 2
Monday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk