5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Fayetteville’s Asbell Elementary school was named as one of 50 winners of a $100,000 grant from Target Corporation and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The grant is part of a plan by Target to award $1 billion in support of education by the end of 2015.
A 5,600-square-foot co-working facility will soon open in the Metro District building off Dickson Street. The space, called The Iceberg, is a project of the Northwest Arkansas Entrepreneurship Alliance a nonprofit organization founded by 2009 UA Fay Jones School of Architecture graduate Josh Clemence and Fayettechill clothing company owner Maurice Elliot.
We’ve got four pairs of tickets to give away to the upcoming Railroad Earth show at George’s. Try to win!
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Drummer Terry Chimes (the Clash) is 57, actress Ana Ortiz is 41, actress Mia Kirshner is 37, singer Alicia Keys is 31, and actor Michael Trevino is 27.
Three-time Grammy winner Kevin Moore, aka Keb’ Mo,’ is at the Walton Arts Center tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at waltonartscenter.org or by calling 443-5600.
Also tonight, the Arkansas men’s basketball team will try to continue its undefeated-at-home season inside Bud Walton Arena. The Hogs take on Auburn at 8 p.m. Look for Brandon Mitchell to get some minutes tonight.
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris
- Fayetteville Public Library: Geshe Dakpa Topgyal visit
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Old Time Fiddle Jam
- UA Student Union: Poetry Slam with Bobby LeFebre
- Walton Arts Center: Keb’ Mo’ Band
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Sundogs
- Bud Walton Arena: UA basketball men vs. Auburn
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Wii Bowling
- Rogue: Morris Siblings and Co. / Journal of a Renegagde / Dom Luzzo
Wednesday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel