5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
A new pet food and supply store on North College Avenue in Fayetteville called The Whole Pet is open for business.
If you haven’t entered to win tickets to see Million Dollar Quartet at Walton Arts Center yet, you’ve got until Monday to do so. Try to win.
It’s time to fill some open board, commission and committee positions here in Fayetteville. Here’s a list of what’s coming open.
City officials are asking for a change to a law that would allow the red lights on a large elm tree in front of the old post office building to remain lit year-round. Have you weighted in on the red tree yet?
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.
Friday Events, Feb. 3
If you’re thirsty after work, maybe a happy hour show with Colombia, Mo. band The Bel Airs and Tulsa bluesman Steve Pryor at George’s will help? Later on, former Cross Canadian Ragweed frontman Cody Canada & the Departed will perform.
Walton Arts Center has a 10×10 show with classical/jazz/gypsy trio, Time for Three. $10 will get you into the show.
Little Rock/Pine Bluff rapper Epiphany will be back in town for a performance at Smoke & Barrel Friday night. Joe Average (Central Arkansas) and Warrbuckss (Oklahoma City) will open the show.
We told you guys recently that GoodFolk is currently looking for a new home, but there are still several chances to experience the magic at the original location. One of them is Friday night, with Nashville folk duo, Stacey Earle & Mark Stuart. Tickets are $15.
Full Friday list:
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Bel Airs / Steve Pryor / Cody Canada & the Departed / Red Eye Gravy
- Greenhouse Grille: Opus 3
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Arkansas Native Grass
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Russ Hutchison
- GoodFolk: Stacey Earle & Mark Stuart
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Keith Richardson
- Walton Arts Center: Time for Three
- Fix Ultralounge: DJ Will and DJ EQ
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Epiphany / Joe Average / Warrbuckss
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Teddy Sablon & Guta /
Saturday Events, Feb. 4
The Razorback hoops game at LSU tips off at 12:30 p.m., and will be televised by the SEC network. WPS.
It used to be Club West, and then it was Drifters. Now, the club on MLK is called Stone Pony, and they’ve booked local country-rockers Charliehorse on Saturday night. Have you checked it out yet?
Mudstomp Records is hosting a showcase at George’s called FayetteStomp on Saturday, featuring Mountain Sprout, Ben Miller Band, Tyrannosaurus Chicken, Whistle Pigs and Mockingbird. The cover is $10, and music starts at 8 p.m.
Matt Smith Trio will be at Smoke & Barrel Tavern, and they’ll be joined by guest vocalists Rochelle Bradshaw & Michael Walker for some reggae and soul music.
Full Saturday list:
- Rogue: NWA DubStep
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Mosaics in the Garden
- Ozark Natural Foods: Artist reception for Amber Perrodin
- Ultra Studios: Ooh La La Art Showing
- Stone Pony: Charliehorse
- Billy’s Grill: Critter
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: RJ Mischo
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Left of Center
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Mountain Sprout / Ben Miller Band / Tyrannosaurus Chicken / Whistle Pigs / Mockingbird
- JJ’s Grill: Arkansas Brothers Band
- Fix Ultralounge: Nicholas Scott / DJ Shortfuze
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Michael Tisdale and the Union
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt Smith Trio
Sunday Events, Feb. 5
First of all, there’s a football game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots that several people will be watching starting at around 5:30 p.m.
Have you checked out any of the UARK Bowl‘s Sunday Night Stand Up series yet? It continue’s this week with Kansas City comic Mike Baldwin.
Local songwriter Emily Kaitz will be at Terra Studio’s, and Shannon Wurst will play her regular Sunday night show at Pesto Cafe.
Full Sunday list:
Friday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|