5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Drivers on North Street will soon have to stop at a newly installed traffic light at the Scull Creek Trail crossing. Walkers, joggers and bicyclists will have to first stop and activate a push-button signal at the intersection. The new signal will be active beginning on Monday, June 11.
We snapped some photos of the new trail tunnel under Garland Avenue (Arkansas Highway 112). It looks pretty awesome.
Police arrested a Springdale man on capital murder charges for the 2006 strangling death of Nina Ingram.
Friday events, June 1
Wine-o’s, rejoice. The Walton Arts Center’s Art of Wine continues with two events Friday night, a Wine 101 class, and an Uncorked! Wine Tasting.
George’s has a happy hour show with Belaires and Ultra Suede. Later on, a bunch of funky dudes in mummy suits (known as Here Come the Mummies) will perform.
There’s an interesting-sounding event at Matt Miller Studio Friday night called “The Hundred Dollar War of the Words.” Performers include Mark Landon Smith, comedian Troy Gittings, children’s author Bill O Smith, musicians John Henry and the Earthshakers, and singer/songwriter Michael White. There’s also a spoken word competition with a $100 prize.
Cadillac Jackson is at Smoke & Barrel Tavern, and local super-group Hogeye Ramblers are at Goodfolk.
Full Friday list:
- Walton Arts Center: Wine 101 / Uncorked! Friday Night Wine Tasting
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Here Come The Mummies! / Belaires / Ultra Suede
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Matt Smith Jazz
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris / Brick Fields Band
- Hooters: Jason Strode
- Foghorn’s on College: Sean Kemp
- GoodFolk: Hogeye Ramblers
- Jose’s: Leah and the Mojo Doctors
- The Wine Cellar: Chris Craig & B.A. Glass
- Matt Miller Studios: The Hundred Dollar War of the Words
- JJ’s Grill: Michael Tisdale
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Teenagers / Little Legends / The See
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cadillac Jackson
- LaLaLand: Inner Party / Matt Demon / Pagiins
Saturday events, June 2
Ever heard of the Farmers’ Market? It happens on the Fayetteville Square during the warmer months. There’s one on Saturday, actually. You should check it out.
In other day-time fun, there’s a book sale at the Fayetteville Public Library on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m.
Tunes-wise, Roby Pantall and Isayah’s All Stars are at Legacy Blues, and Matt Smith Group featuring Little Rock vocalist Michael Walker is at Smoke & Barrel.
Also on Saturday, George’s is hosting a benefit for Children’s House on Saturday called Summer Salsa, featuring Ultra Suede.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Public Library: Friends of the FPL Summer Book Sale
- Fayetteville Public Library: Kids Music with Shannon Wurst
- Walton Arts Center: Wine Lover’s Brunch / Sparkling Wine Extravaganza / Premiere Tasting
- Hooters: Hooters FUNdraiser 2012
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Summer Salsa
- Jose’s: The Union
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Roby Pantall / Isayah’s All Stars
- Foghorn’s on College: Tommy Nolen
- Rogue: Groovement
- JJ’s Grill: Ouachita River Band
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt Smith
- LIT: Gemini Party
- Scarpino: Salsa Night
Sunday events, June 3
Have yourself a square dance brunch at Greenhouse Grille Sunday morning with old-time music from Shout Lulu.
The Fayetteville Public Library’s Mountain Street Stage Music continues Sunday with the jazz sounds of The Walter Savage Trio. The show starts at 2 p.m.
Later on, the Ted Nugent show at the Arkansas Music Pavilion is happening.
Full Sunday list:
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.