5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
It looks like Shave the Planet can stay in business at a parking lot on College Avenue after all. The city council voted unanimously to table an appeal that would have overturned a recent Planning Commission decision to allow Eric Siebert to operate his popular shaved ice stand for an extra 90 days at 3078 N. College Avenue.
Cabela’s is coming to Arkansas. Actually, make that Northwest Arkansas. The Nebraska-based hunting, fishing and outdoor gear retailer said this week that it will open a 100,000-square-foot store in Rogers – its first retail location in the state – at 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 30.
Walton Arts Center will offer half-price tickets for its 2012-13 Broadway Series, but only in limited supplies and for a very limited time – as in, two hours. The sale will run from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 14 at two locations – the Walton Arts Center box office in Fayetteville and the Bentonville Farmers Market on the downtown Bentonville square.
JT Wampler checked out Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock from Brauerei Heller-Trum / Schlenkerla in Bamberg, Germany for this week’s installment of “It’s All About the Beer.”
Friday events, July 6
Did you see Bela Fleck & the Flecktones at the Walton Arts Center back in April? Did you notice how incredible the bass player was? Well, his name’s Victor Wooten, and he’ll be at George’s Majestic Lounge Friday night. Anthony Ball’s Soulful Sound & Friends are also on the bill. It should be an awesome show.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern has an all-star cast of local musicians playing instrumental gems from the last 20-years of hip-hop tonight. They’re called The Sample Platters, and it’s their third time to throw this party.
The Lightbulb Club has a new happy hour on Friday nights, and this time they’ve got DJ Dig A Pony playing folk, bluegrass, blues, and americana. Later on, there’s a benefit for NWA Roller Derby fundraiser (whose equipment was stolen recently) with Inner Party and The Real Live Vikings.
Full Friday list:
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: 3rd Annual Sample Platters Ball
- Greenhouse Grille: Dave Gesualdo
- The Lightbulb Club: Happy Hour / NWA Roller Derby fundraiser
- Rogue: Michael Tisdale / Steve Dimmitt / Dave Shaw / Clay Vinyard
- Foghorn’s on College: Effron White
- Jose’s: Casual Flyze
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ryan Fourt Trio
- JJ’s Grill: Earl’s Garage
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Jimmy Wayne Garrett
- Kingfish: Shawn James
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Victor Wooten / Soulful Sound & Friends / Foxy
- Scarpino: Salsa Night
Saturday events, July 7
Saturday usually starts on the Fayetteville Square for the Farmers’ Market.
After that, Fayetteville Public Library has a juggling show with the Institute of Jugglology at 10:30 a.m.
Guess who’s back? After a short hiatus, Phunbags Comedy Improv will be at UARK Bowl Saturday night. According to the Facebook event, they’ve got some new tricks up their sleeve.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Public Library: Juggling with the Institute of Jugglology
- Foghorn’s on College: Sean Kemp
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Effron White
- Jose’s: Chooch and the Sidehill Gougers
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage and Lee Tomboulian
- Billy’s Grill: Fabulous Hardtops
- Stone Pony: Jason Strode
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Honky Suckle / Deadman Flats
- JJ’s Grill: Jim Mills
- UARK Bowl: Phunbags comedy improv
- LaLaLand: No Comply / Senior Fellows / Prom Nights
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Tricks / Whale Fire / Matt Demon
Sunday events, July 8
Get your Sunday veggies (or whatever) at the Farmers Market at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
There’s a documentary screening at the Fayetteville Public Library at 2 p.m. with the film Lioness, the story of a group of female Army support soldiers who were part of the first program in American history to send women into direct ground combat.
Full Sunday list:
|8:00 a.m.||Fayetteville Forward Green Economy Group||Chamber of Commerce|
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 12-57, Round Baler Re-Bid||City Hall, Room 326|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.