5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Washington Regional Medical Center officials announced this week they will close Fayetteville City Hospital facility within 60 days.
There’s a new bar coming to Center Street in the next few weeks. It’s called The Stolen Glass, and they’re planning to host live music, and “Brew & View” movie nights.
Are cyclists using bike lights on the trails at night? According to the poll we posted yesterday, some are, and some aren’t.
We’re happy to welcome new sponsor Jose’s Restaurant & Cantina to the Flyer Family this week. Ole for Jose’s!
Friday events, July 20
We’re really intrigued by the lineup at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Friday night. War Chief, who has been making some waves in the Little Rock scene for a while now, is on the bill along with Arkansas troubadour Joe Sundell and awesome locals Damn Arkansan. Sounds like a recipe for rock.
The Lightbulb Club has Critterkickers for happy hour at 6 p.m., which is a project by Thunderlizards frontman Nick Shoulders. Later on, the X tribute we told you guys about earlier this week is happening, featuring Zack Wait, Jacqueline Shin, Brock Mitchell and Digby Jukes playing tracks from the first three X albums.
Kingfish also has a good-sounding show Friday night with Russellville singer/songwriter, Jamie Lou Band. Do yourself a favor, and check out a couple of her songs on Reverb Nation.
George’s Majestic Lounge has a happy hour show with Groovement and The Odds. Groovement will also play a late-night set, as will Cadillac Jackson.
Local 60s-influenced pop band The Swoops are back at Legacy Blues Lounge, and local teenage guitar prodigy Nathan A. is at JJ’s Grill.
Full Friday list:
- Greenhouse Grille: Kimball & Painter
- Ella’s: Matt Smith
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Groovement / The Odds
- Jose’s: Jason Strode Band
- Legacy Blues Lounge: The Swoops / Walter Savage
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Kingfish: Jamie Lou Band
- Fayetteville Town Center: A Night at the Races
- Speakeasy: Jen & Josh
- JJ’s Grill: Nathan A.
- Dickson Street Pub: Gabe Edmondson
- Scarpino: Salsa Night
- The Lightbulb Club: Critterkickers / The Once Over Twice- A Tribute To X / Perpetual Werewolf
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Damn Arkansan / Joe Sundell / War Chief
Saturday events, July 21
First things first. Saturdays in summertime start on the Fayetteville Square for the Farmers’ Market.
After that, several businesses in downtown Fayetteville will have sales and specials to benefit the Fayetteville Animal Shelter and the Humane Society of the Ozarks, adoptable dogs in their stores, and other ways to raise money for the local animal organizations. It’s called Dog Days of Summer, and a full list of participating local businesses are here. Watch for updates on this Facebook page.
There’s a Cash Mob event from noon-5 p.m. on Saturday. The event is at Greenhouse Grille, and local jewelry maker Lauren Embree will be getting mobbed with cash as well. Here’s more info.
Also during the day Saturday, there’s a kids concert with 3 Penny Acre at Fayetteville Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Later on, Ben Miller Band and Tyrannosaurus Chicken are back at George’s Majestic Lounge.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Public Library: Kids Concert with 3 Penny Acre
- Jose’s: Kelly Road
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Russ Hutchison / T.J. Scarlett
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Darren Ray
- Foghorn’s on College: Vikki Cunningham
- Kingfish: Mark B and Friends
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Ben Miller Band / Tyrannosaurus Chicken
- JJ’s Grill: Ocie & the Heartstrings
- Dickson Street Pub: Michael Tisdale
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Shortfuze
- The Lightbulb Club: Icarus Himself / Teenagers
Sunday events, July 22
There’s a benefit for incredibly influential local artist Eugene Sargent on Sunday at Greenhouse Grille. Sargent is the sculptor behind the 45-foot worm and the unique benches near the castle at Wilson Park, among countless other pieces of public art around Fayetteville. He was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma, and the community is coming together to raise funds to help offset the cost of treatment at Sunday’s event. Music will be provided by Farmer and the Markets, and Snake Eyes and the Bug Band. There will be a silent auction, and a live auction featuring tons of great artwork donated by some of the city’s best artists and local businesses. Here’s some more information about the event.
George’s has a show with an all-star cast of local musicians who get together once a year called Pioneers of Rock, and Rogue has Benjamin Del Shreve, Jovan Arellano and Jon Shorter.
Full Sunday list:
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Farmers’ Market
- Greenhouse Grille: Fork and Knife
- Common Grounds: Richard Burnett
- Fayetteville Public Library: Veterans’ Journeys Home with Dr. Lori Holyfield
- Greenhouse Grille: A night for Eugenius
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Pioneers of Rock
- Rogue: Benjamin Del Shreve / Jovan Arellano / Jon Shorter
- The Lightbulb Club: Ed Schrader’s Music Beat / El Paso Hot Button / Holy Shakes
|9:00 a.m.||Fayetteville Forward Economic Accountability Council *||Public Library, Henry Board Room|
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 12-58, Construction – Crossover Rd. Water & Sewer Main Replacement||City Hall, Room 326|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.