5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
The second of 25 planned PIGShibition pig sculptures was installed Friday morning in front of the Clinton House Museum. Local artist Rae Russell designed the Fayetteville-inspired sculpture which features depictions of popular locations around town.
Mayor Lioneld Jordan’s next Town Hall Meeting will take place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 20 at Butterfield Trail Village.
Our friend and Flyer contributor Roger Barrett reviewed the book “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn this week.
Friday events, Aug. 10
A lot of people get really thirsty after work on Friday, and luckily for those people, there’s something called happy hour. Wade Ogle’s new band The Mad Spirits are playing an acoustic(ish) set at 7 p.m. at The Lightbulb Club on Friday.
At Smoke & Barrel, local video game music band The OneUps are throwing a party called Level Up with their friends Those Who Fight (Final Fantasy music as a Rock Opera), brentalfloss (game music parody artist from New York), Lucio (video game rapper from Fayetteville), and Descendants of Erdrick (nostalgic game music garage rockers from Austin).
Full Friday list:
- Rogue: Alissa’s Birthday Bash w/ Surf De Soleil / Randall Shreve / Motortrain
- Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- The Lightbulb Club: Roots Happy Hour w/ Mad Spirits-acoustic
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Belaires / Mississippi Fever / Fauxnz / Send + Return / Friday Maybe Saturday
- Legacy Blues Lounge: DJ Derrick D / Davis-Fitzgerald Tribute
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The OneUps BBQ
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Patrick Sallings
- JJ’s Grill: Jason Strode
- Jose’s: Boston Mountain Playboys
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Basement Brew
- Louie’s Bar & Grill: Effron White
- Foghorn’s on College: Jon Knox
- The Wine Cellar: Jim Goza
- Scarpino: Salsa night
Saturday events, Aug. 11
Conway band Don’t Stop Please has a new record out called Crowded Car, and they’ll celebrate its release at Smoke & Barrel Saturday night.
A Tool tribute band called Opiate is at George’s Saturday night, along with a Pantera tribute band called Far Beyond Driven. Locals The Bob Kramer Incident will perform a set of Alice in Chains songs.
The 1 Oz. Jig will be funking up the place at Rogue on Saturday night. In a good way.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Art’s Place: NWA Roller Derby Car Wash
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Roby Pantall / Leah & The Mojo Doctors
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Mendy Johnsen
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Pantera, Tool, Alice in Chains tribute show
- JJ’s Grill: Left of Center
- Jose’s: Isayah’s Allstars
- The Lightbulb Club: Thunderlizards / Suzi Trash / Deal Me In / Dead Indian
- Walton Arts Center: KUAF Summer Jazz Series: Vic Juris
- Foghorn’s on College: Derek VanLynn
- Rogue: The 1 Oz. Jig
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Don’t Stop Please
Sunday events, Aug. 12
Do you like banjo music with your brunch? Greenhouse Grille will have some with Clarke Buehling on Sunday.
The second lecture in the three-part series, Joan of Arc in History and Film, will take place at 2 p.m. at the Fayetteville Public Library.
Full Sunday list:
|10:00 a.m.||Pre-Bid Meeting: Bid 12-65, Construction – Installation of Solid Waste Concrete Pad, Phase 2||Fayetteville Solid Waste & Recycling|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.