The City of Fayetteville, in partnership with Feed Fayetteville and the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market, will host the “Protein, Produce & Pennies” food drive as part of Food Security Awareness Month through the end of October.
Anyone wishing to donate nonperishable protein, including canned tuna and chicken, beans and nuts, may drop items off at any of the following locations:
- Fayetteville City Hall, 113 W. Mountain St.
- Fayetteville Public Library, 401 W. Mountain St.
- Walton Arts Center, 495 W. Dickson St.
- BHK on the Square, 1 E. Center St.
- Feed Fayetteville booth at the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market on the square
- Any Fayetteville firestation (see a list)
Fresh produce will also be accepted at the Feed Fayetteville booth at the Farmers’ Market on the square. Fresh produce will be distributed to community meal kitchens on the same day it is donated.
Monetary donations may be brought to the Feed Fayetteville booth. All proceeds will be donated to the Fayetteville Public School District’s Outback pantry.
The Farmers’ Market on the downtown square operates Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday mornings from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition to the food drive, Mayor Lioneld Jordan will give a proclamation during the Oct. 4 First Thursday event at 5 p.m. on the downtown square.