- Changes to the Farmers’ Market ordinance
- Helping pay for streets, sidewalks and storm drain pipes at the nonprofit Houses at Willow Bend project
- Examining the feasibility of preserving the historic Woolsey Family homestead
- Renaming the Street Committee to the Transportation Committee
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, 2013 inside room 219 of the City Administration Building, located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items up for approval and action taken during the meeting, including links to downloadable PDFs for more information on each item of business.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
1. Approval of the May 7, 2013 City Council meeting minutes. – Pass 8-0
2. Bid #13-20 Shipley Motor Equipment Company (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-20 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) Mack trucks with Wayne Titan bodies from Shipley Motor Equipment Company in the amount of $490,120 for use by the Solid Waste Division. – Pass 8-0
3. Bid #13-21 Terex Utilities (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-21 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-550 truck from Terex Utilities of North Little Rock in the amount of $44,285 for use by the Transportation Division. – Pass 8-0
4. Bid #13-24 Terex Utilities (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-24 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-550 truck with Reading body and auto crane from Terex Utilities of North Little Rock in the amount of $72,660 for use by the Parks and Recreation Department. – Pass 8-0
5. Bid #13-27 Rehrig Pacific Company (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-27 and authorizing a contract with Rehrig Pacific Company in the amount of $40,450 for the purchase of curbside recycling bins and lids and approving continuing purchases, as needed, for the next five (5) years pursuant to bid price adjustments. – Pass 8-0
6. Belt Loader and Golf Car Purchase (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $27,275 to transfer funds to the Fleet Division for the purchase of one (1) belt loader and one (1) golf car for use at Fayetteville Executive Airport. – Pass 8-0
7. Bid #13-28 Clifford Power Systems (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-28 and authorizing a contract with Clifford Power Systems in the amount of $36,705.17 for EPA mandated modification to the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant backup power generator. – Pass 8-0
8. Prism Education Center Lease Agreement (PDF): A resolution approving a Community Development Block Grant Public Facility Lease Agreement with Prism Education Center for 10 S. College Avenue. – Pass 8-0
9. Building Performance Institute Class Reimbursement (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $1,195 recognizing reimbursement revenue for a Building Performance Institute class from Northwest Arkansas Community College. – Pass 8-0
10. Northwest Arkansas Metro Chiefs Association Regional HAZMAT (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $28,565 to utilize Northwest Arkansas Metro Chiefs Association Regional HAZMAT team assets for purposes of start-up and outfitting of a Fayetteville HAZMAT team. – Pass 8-0
11. AvFuel Corporation (PDF): A resolution awarding RFP #13-05 and approving a five (5) year contract with AvFuel Corporation for the provision of aviation fuel and refueler trucks for Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field. – Pass 8-0
12. Keep America Beautiful/UPS Foundation Grant (PDF): A resolution authorizing acceptance of a community tree planting non-matching grant from Keep America Beautiful and the UPS Foundation in the amount of $5,000, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
13. Rodgers Drive Budget Adjustment (PDF): A resolution to approve a budget adjustment in the amount of $110,000 to increase the budget to repair a portion of Rodgers Drive next to the City’s water towers. – Pass 8-0
1. Amend 114.02 Farmers’ Market (PDF): An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound amplification during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes. – Tabled
1. Historic Woolsey Family Homestead (PDF): A resolution to express the City Council’s intent to examine the feasibility of preserving the historic Woolsey Family homestead in west Fayetteville. – Pass 8-0
2. RZN 13-4348 (1035 N. Gregg Ave./Smith) (PDF): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4348, for approximately 0.44 acres, located at 1035 North Gregg Avenue from RMF-24, Residential Multi-Family, 24 units per acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation. – Pass 7-1*
* Alderman Petty voted no.
3. VAC 13-4346 (902 S. School St./Ferguson’s Addition) (PDF): An ordinance approving VAC 13-4346 submitted by city staff for property located around 902 South School Street (Ferguson’s Addition) to vacate a 60 foot right-of-way. – Pass 7-0*
* Alderwoman Marsh was absent for this vote.
4. Amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172 (PDF): An ordinance to amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172 of the Unified Development Code to modify certain standards within Urban Zoning Districts, to clarify and add flexibility to some of these requirements, to amend building height references and add a maximum building height to the C-1 Zoning District, and to provide supplement design standards for auto-oriented facilities within these districts. – Left on first reading
5. 2013 COPS Hiring Program Matching Grant (PDF): A resolution approving an application for a 2013 COPS Hiring Program matching grant in the amount of $375,000 to fund three (3) police officers for a period of four (4) years with the $348,494 matching requirement split proportionally between the City and the Fayetteville School District. – Pass 8-0
6. Solid Waste Budget Adjustment (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $302,600 to provide funding from reserves for Solid Waste personnel training, additional roll-off containers, carts, and recycling containers. – Pass 8-0
7. Willow Bend Development (PDF): A resolution to express the City Council’s intent to invest about one million dollars to cost share the construction of city infrastructure within the houses at Willow Bend development with proper assurances that affordable, owner occupied housing will be constructed and preserved in this new neighborhood. – Pass 7-1*
* Alderman Long voted no.
8. Amend Article XVI City Council Street Committee (PDF): An ordinance to amend Article XVI City Council Street Committee of the Code of Fayetteville to change its name and provide additional areas for it to study and make recommendations to the full City Council. – Pass 8-0