- Nominations to fill openings on 12 boards, commissions and committees
- Selling 15 acres of land to Pacific Vet Group-USA, Inc.
- Regulating door-to-door soliciting at private residences
- Changes to several chapters of the city’s Unified Development Code
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013 inside room 219 of the City Administration Building, located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items up for approval, action taken, and links to downloadable PDFs for more information on each item of business.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
1. Nominating Committee Report – Pass 8-0
Historic District Commission – Teresa Turk
Animal Services Advisory Board – Stacy Fraser, Ashley Yayock
Audit Committee – Jacob Pesicek
City Board of Helath – no applicants
Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals – No applicants
Environmental Action Committee – Connie Crisp
Fayetteville Arts Council – Houston Hughes, David Wright, Shannon Mitchell, Justin Hunter
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board – Richie Lamb
Telecommunications Board – No applicants
Walton Arts Center Council – Steve Clark, Barbara Taylor
Walton Arts Center Foundation – Mary Ann Greenwood
1. Approval of the May 21, 2013 and June 04, 2013 City Council meeting minutes. – Pass 8-0
2. RFQ #13-01 McGoodwin, Williams and Yates, Inc. (PDF): A resolution awarding RFQ #13-01 and approving a contract with McGoodwin, Williams and Yates, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $109,000.00 for engineering design services at the Solid Waste transfer station on Happy Hollow Road, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
3. Bid #13-32 Frank Gardner Construction, LLC (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #13-32 and authorizing a contract with Frank Gardner Construction, LLC in the amount of $41,280.00 for the purchase of an overhead lube system for the Fleet Division, and approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency. – Pass 8-0
4. Williams Tractor of Fayetteville Case Farmall 105U Tractor (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Case Farmall 105U tractor from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville in the amount of $52,410.00, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing agreement, for use by the Parks and Recreation Department. – Pass 8-0
5. Stribling Equipment of Springdale John Deere 524K Wheel Loader (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) John Deere 524K wheel loader from Stribling Equipment of Springdale in the amount of $129,077.00, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing agreement, for use by the Solid Waste Division. – Pass 8-0
6. J.A. Riggs of Springdale, 308E Excavators (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of two (2) Caterpillar 308E excavators from J.A. Riggs of Springdale in the total amount of $239,734.00, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing agreement, for use by the Water and Sewer Division and the Transportation Division, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
7. J.A. Riggs of Springdale, 120 M2 Motor Grader: (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Caterpillar 120M2 motor grader from J.A Riggs of Springdale in the amount of $230,928.00, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing agreement, for use by the Transportation Division. – Pass 8-0
8. Amend Resolution No. 94-13 (PDF): A resolution amending Resolution No. 94-13 awarding Bid #13-23 and authorizing a contract with Center Point Contractors, Inc. in the amount of $289,675.00 for construction of an executive hangar addition at Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field. – Pass 8-0
9. 2013 Hazmat Services Revenue (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $11,239.80 to recognize 2013 hazmat services revenue from Washington County, and authorizing associated expenses. – Pass 8-0
10. Transportation Bond Projects (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $201,621.00 to transfer escrow balances to certain transportation bond projects. – Pass 8-0
1. Amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172 (PDF): An ordinance to amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172 of the Unified Development Code to modify certain standards within Urban Zoning Districts, to clarify and add flexibility to some of these requirements, to amend building height references and add a maximum building height to the C-1 Zoning District, and to provide supplement design standards for auto-oriented facilities within these districts. – Pass 6-2*
* Alderwoman Marsh and Alderman Kinion voted no
1. Levi Storage Center, LLC (PDF): A resolution approving negotiation and purchase of 1.3 acres of property for construction of Town Branch Trail and the expansion of Greathouse Park from Levi Storage Center, LLC in an amount not to exceed $41,862.00 upon condition that existing liens on the real estate are released. – Pass 8-0
2. Pacific Vet Group-USA, Inc. (PDF): A resolution to sell about 14.9 acres of land in the Industrial Park to Pacific Vet Group-USA, Inc. for $223,500.00 and other valuable consideration and to approve a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
3. Enact §116.02 Door to Door Solicitation at Private Residences (PDF): An ordinance to enact §116.02 Door to Door Solicitation Regulations for Private Residences into the Fayetteville Code. – Left on the second reading*
* Amended to add a five-year good behavior limit on the background check review period and to allow solicitors to work until 9 p.m. at the request of the Northwest Arkansas Times circulation sales department. Aldermen then requested more time to work out details concerning the impact the ordinance would have on city staff.
4. Amend Resolution No. 183-12 (PDF): A resolution to amend Resolution No. 183-12 which approved a contract to allow access to City of Fayetteville sewage system in order to approve an amended agreement. – Pass 6-2*
* Aldermen Long and Petty voted no.