The City of Fayetteville’s Historic District Commission presented this year’s Preservation Awards during the group’s most recent meeting on June 13.
The annual awards aim to honor projects, organizations, and individuals displaying outstanding commitment, practice, and leadership in city preservation.
The following awards were presented for 2013:
Best Practices Award:
– Mock Fulbright House restoration at 5 Mount Nord Street
– Arsaga’s adaptive re-use at 548 W. Dickson Street
The Mayor’s Award for Outstanding Service in Historic Preservation:
– Up Among the Hills film directed by Larry Foley
– History Minute video series produced by the City of Fayetteville Government Channel
– Project Fayetteville digital image archive created and maintained by the Fayetteville Public Library
Preservation Award Honorable Mention:
– Starbucks coffee shop historical photos display at 2117 Martin Luther King Boulevard