5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday Events, Aug. 2
Fayetteville band Basement Brew is back in town for a show at Mojo’s Pints & Pies Friday night. The band just advanced to the finals of the Little Rock Battle of the Bands, where they’ll be battling for the championship on Sept. 1 at Downtown Music Hall. Also, they just released these rad wooly mammoth t-shirts. Maybe they’ll have them at the show.
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Nate Wong
- 6 p.m. The Shed: Familiar: Work by Jim Daniels
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Fresco’s Jazz Trio
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Oreo Blue / Downtown Live Wire
- 7 p.m. Wasabi: Sarah Hughes
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jamie Wolfe & the Wranglers
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Basement Brew
- 8:30 p.m. Kingfish: Keith Nicholson Trio
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: DJ Shortfuze
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: Flobots / Revolution Butterfly
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Spoken / Kingsdown
Saturday Events, Aug. 3
If you like laughing, you should know local comedy improv troupe Phunbags are back in action for the first time in a while at UARK Bowl Saturday night. The show starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $5.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Morty & Melody Mortenson
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Leah and the Mojo Doctors
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Mo Brothers
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Super 55
- 8 p.m. UARK Bowl: Phunbags Comedy Improv
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Comfortable Brother
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt Smith Group
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Chasing Pictures / Dark From Day One / Day After Mourning / Complicated Creatures
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: Shawn James & The Shapeshifters
Sunday Events, Aug. 4
I don’t know much about Rockin’ Lloyd Tripp’s Texabilly Family Band, but judging by the band name and press photo alone, it looks like there’s a good time is to be had at Maxine’s Tap Room Sunday night. It’s an early show at around 6 p.m., and admission is $5.
Friday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.