Someone tried to hack the Flyer last weekend, but they didn’t get far, and weren’t able to do anything harmful. The site was initially flagged by Google as being suspicious, but things are all cleared up now, and the flag has been lifted.
Drivers can expect lane closures and restrictions on two streets in south Fayetteville this week.
Rapper Mac Miller will play in Fayetteville next month on the University of Arkansas campus.
Here’s a list of this week’s deals and news from Flyer Sponsors!
Mervin Jebaraj of the Center for Business and Economic Research recently accepted an invitation to join the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Arkansas Program.
The “Barn Again” exhibit opens Friday in Vol Walker Hall’s Smith Exhibition Gallery.
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long will become the first chair of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
Here’s why Long’s appointment is a feather in Arkansas’ cap.
- 4 p.m. Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Farmers’ Market
- 5:30 p.m. Fayetteville Square: FHS homecoming parade
- 6 p.m. Bear’s Place: Brick Fields and Friends
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Lindsey Will
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Russ Hutchison
- 6:30 p.m. Arsaga’s on Dickson: Live jazz w/ Adams Collins, Johnny Arredondo and friends
- 7 p.m. Mulberry Mountain: Harvest Music Festival
- 8 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Jody’s Living Room open mic
- 8 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Drive-in Speakerbox’s mystery double feature
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Bright Light Social Hour
|9 a.m.||Technical Plat Review (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|1 p.m.||Bike/Ped Master Plan||City Hall, Room 326|
» Add birthdays
Others: Actress Angela Lansbury is 88, actress Suzanne Somers is 67, guitarist Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead is 66, producer-director David Zucker is 66, actor-director Tim Robbins is 55, singer Bob Mould of Husker Du is 53, bassist Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is 51, singer-songwriter John Mayer is 36 and actress Brea Grant is 32.