It’s going to be a great weekend for blues music in Fayetteville.
That’s because Ozark Blues Society’s 12th annual Blues in the Natural State festival is happening April 3-5, and this year’s lineup is a doozy.
The three-day event kicks off with a free show on the Fayetteville square during this month’s First Thursday festival, with locals Brick Fields and the Chosen Ones, and Kansas City artist Samantha Fish to perform on the festival stage beginning at 7 p.m.
After that, performances are scheduled throughout the weekend at five venues across the city, headlined with George’s shows on Friday night by Royal Southern Brotherhood (featuring Mike Zito, Devon Allman, and Cyril Neville), Fish, locals Isayah’s Allstars, and Earl & Them. On Saturday night guitarslinger Tab Benoit, legendary locals The Cate Brothers, harp playing maniac, RJ Mischo, and more will perform.
Other festival highlights include a showcase of International Blues Challenge winners at Jose’s Ballroom Saturday afternoon, featuring 2014 second place IBC Solo winner Lucious Spiller, 2009 first place IBC Solo winner Little Joe McLerran, and 2012 first place IBC Solo winner Ray Bonneville.
There’s also a daytime show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern on Saturday, featuring Levee Town and Leah & the Mojo Doctors.
For more about the festival, including the full lineup and ticket information, visit Ozark Blue Society’s website.
You could also win some tickets to the Friday night show at George’s below. Good luck.
How to enter
Leave a comment telling us which Blues in the Natural State artist you’re most excited to see, and you’re entered. Here’s a link to the lineup, in case you need a refresher.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner will each win two (2) tickets to the Friday night Blues in the Natural State show at George’s, featuring Samantha Fish, Royal Southern Brotherhood, Isayah’s All Stars, and Earl & Them.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, George’s Majestic Lounge employees, and their immediate family members.
- Contest is open until 4 p.m. CST on Wednesday, April 2
- Don’t use a fake e-mail address or we won’t be able to contact you if you’ve won. Once we notify you, you’ll have 24 hours to respond via email to claim your prize.
- You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
Thanks to the folks at Ozark Blues Society for sponsoring this contest. For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit ozarkbluessociety.org