[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”4″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday events, Aug. 22
Frequent visitor and insanely energetic performer Andy Frasco is in town for a couple shows at George’s this weekend. On Friday night, he’ll perform with Kris Lager Band. Admission is $10.
International guitar duo Loren Barrigar and Mark Mazengarb will perform a free concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 224 N. East Ave. in Fayetteville. The event is an introduction and fundraiser for Magdalene Fayetteville, a project that will provide a home and sanctuary for healing and recovery for women who’ve survived childhood abuse, violence, prostitution, trafficking, addiction, arrest, and incarceration. Dude’s are crazy good. Here’s more info.
The Odds are at Jose’s for happy hour, Smoke & Barrel has 1 Oz. Jig, and there’s a burlesque show at JR’s with Violetta Lotus.
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: 1 Oz. Jig
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Wes & Karl
- 6 p.m. Jose’s: Staggering Odds
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Full House / Joe Giles & The Homewreckers
- 7:30 p.m. St. Paul’s Episcopal: Loren Barrigar and Mark Mazengarb
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Anthony Ball Jazz Group
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Jon Knox
- 8:30 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Short Film Festival: Uniting the Power of Art and Nature
- 9 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Vintage Pistol
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: Keith Nicholson
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Andy Frasco / Kris Lager Band
- 10 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Violetta Lotus Burlesque
Saturday events, Aug. 23
School will be back in session at the UA on Monday, and that means the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market will be winding down before long. It’ll be going strong on Saturday, though. Get down there while you can.
Tunes-wise, local band Patterns & Waves will celebrate the release of their new Lovers – EP on Friday night at Ryleigh’s.
Local rockers High Magic, Captain Nowhere, and Rough Stax are at JR’s, and country-blues-rockers Strange Derangers are at Smoke & Barrel.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 7 a.m. Lake Fayetteville: St. Jude Fayetteville 10K
- 9 a.m. Jammin’ Java: Flashback
- 9 a.m. Gator Golf: Put for Paws
- 5 p.m. Illinois RIver Watershed Learning Center: “Bats and Blues” at the Watershed
- 6 p.m. St. Paul’s Episcopal: Still on the Hill presents “Once a River”
- 6 p.m. The Jones Center: Redemption: The No Kill Revolution in America
- 7:30 p.m. The AMP: Cheech & Chong and War
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Candy Lee Trio
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Tequila Moxie
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Reeves Brothers
- 8:30 p.m. Kingfish: Kat Niles Band
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Maud Crawford
- 9 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Patterns and Waves
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Andy Frasco / Dirtfoot
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Strange Deranger
- 10 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: High Magic / Captain Nowhere / Rough Stax
Sunday events, Aug. 24
Minnesota-based traditional country band The Cactus Blossoms are at Maxine’s Tap Room Saturday night. Garrison Keillor called them “The brother duet that America is waiting for.” It’s a free show. Read our interview with the band here.
Friday Public Meetings
|2 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 14-51, LED Speed Display Signs||City Hall, Room 326|
Allen Brumett, Juaneva Forbush, Maggie A. Morris-Calderon, Marie Campbell, Amber Tallmadge-Scott, Tony McCleland, Teressa Rose Ezell, Daniel Dupwe, Patricia Mikkelson, Beverly Weidner, Andre Pierre Rowland, Brook Thomas, Ezra Idlet, Carrie Clark, Taylor Wood
Chris Selby, Chaddie Platt, Greg Furr, Tracy Hipps, Casey Andrews Tauber, Shannon Streble Alvey, Rick Bushmiaer, Debi Arend Havner, Olivia Larson, Rob Button
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.