The building formerly home to 1936 Club restaurant on Dickson Street is under new ownership.
According to country records, Monroe North Point, LLC and Hammer Holdings, LLC partnered to purchase the building for $1.3 million from longtime owners Peter Steinhart and Nancy Meyer on Sept. 20.
The building, located at 300-306 W. Dickson Street, was most recently home to San Lio, and housed Aquafire Restaurants briefly before that. Previously, Steinhart operated the 1936 Club and in the space for more than 20 years before it closed in 2012.
The NWA Business Journal reports that Hammer Holdings is managed by John Davidson, and that Steve and Nicole Fowler are members of Monroe North Point.
The Monroe name may seem familiar to folks who follow real estate news on Dickson Street. A company called Monroe Dickson purchased the former Common Grounds building nearby at 412 W. Dickson Street for around $1.3 million earlier this year. It is unclear if the two companies are related, however, public records indicate Davidson and Fowler are partners in at least one other venture with Monroe in the name. Both are listed as officers in a company called Monroe Arena formed last year.
Sam Fiori, COO of K-Mac Enterprises told us earlier this year he plays to open a Taco Bell Cantina in the former Common Grounds space.
Signs recently placed in the windows of the old 1936 Club building indicate that the building is currently for lease.