Voters will head to the polls on Feb. 11 for a special election to consider restructuring of bonds for maintenance and operation of Fayetteville Public Schools.
The school board would like to restructure eight bonds to generate $111 million as part of a plan to address various needs across the district, including renovation and upgrades of facilities, land acquisition, new school construction, and energy efficiencies.
Specific projects include air conditioning in seven gymnasiums, accessibility, security, and safety improvements at Ramay Junior High School, drainage improvements at Leverett, Washington, Happy Hollow, Holcomb and McNair schools, among others (see project list below).
If approved, the school millage rate of 45.65 mills would remain the same as is currently being collected. It would, however, extend the payoff of 20.65 mills by 15 years, which are scheduled to drop off in 2035.
All eligible voters in the Fayetteville School District can cast a ballot at any of these locations from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Baldwin Church of Christ, 4377 East Huntsville Road
- Central United Methodist Church, 6. W. Dickson St.
- Covenant Church, 4511 W. Wedington Drive
- Goshen First United Methodist Church, 122 State Hwy 45
- Sang Avenue Baptist Church, 1425 N. Sang Ave.
- Sequoyah Methodist Church, 1910 Old Wire Road
- Trinity Fellowship, 1100 Rolling Hills Drive
A sample ballot is available at the county’s website.
To check your voter registration, visit voterview.org, or contact the County Clerk’s office at 479-444-1711.
For more information about the election, visit co.washington.ar.us.
Fayetteville School District – Priority Project List
These are the project the district would like to fund, listed in order of priority, with the percent of total funding included. This information was provided by the district.
1. Retain Architect, Engineer, and Construction Manager (3%)
2. Address Facility Condition Assessment Outcomes Years 1 and 2 (20%)
Updates & upgrades in every district facility, impacting all students and staff including:
- Air conditioning in seven gymnasiums: Vandergriff Elementary, Holcomb Elementary, Asbell Elementary, Owl Creek (2 gyms), McNair Middle School, and Holt Middle School
- HVAC improvements
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing
3. Accessibility, Security, and Safety Improvements at Ramay Junior High (2%)
4. Necessary Site Drainage Improvements at Leverett, Washington, Happy Hollow, Holcomb, and, McNair (2%)
5. Land Acquisition for a New School Building & Construction of a New School Building/and or School Expansion Projects (39%)
Cost estimate includes furniture, fixtures, technology, library books
6. Energy Efficiency Projects (2%)
LED Lighting Districtwide
7. Athletic & Academic Facility Renewal: The Bulldog Academic & Athletic Complex ?(22%)
Transforming outdated athletic facilities surrounding Harmon Stadium into athletic & academic spaces serving more students
- Student Wellness & Academic Center
- Bulldog Teams Center
8. Junior High Track Projects (1%)
- A remodel of athletic locker rooms, resurface of the FHS competition track adjacent to Ramay Junior High
- Construction of a new non-competition practice track at Woodland Junior High
9. Contingency Funding (9%)
Any remaining funds may be utilized to address future FCA identified needs
Source: Fayetteville School District