The recycling drop-off center at Fayetteville Athletic Club will move to the Northwest Arkansas Mall on Monday, May 11.
The center is one of several temporary locations set up around town for people to drop off their recycling materials while curbside pickup is suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new center will be set up in the mall’s southwest parking lot by JC Penney.
Curbuside service was suspended in March to limit city workers’ potential exposure to the coronavirus and to reduce the chances of community spread. There is so far no date scheduled for when the program will resume.
Residential and small commercial trash is still being collected weekly, as well as all residential yard waste.
During the suspension of curbside recycling, there are no additional fees for extra trash bags placed next to a trash bin during weekly collection.
Collection of automated recycling services, such as commercial cardboard dumpsters, commercial paper dumpsters, glass carts and food waste carts has not been affected. The $5 charged to businesses that currently participate in the curbside recycling collection program will be waived until the service is reinstated.
The drop-off sites, which are available 24 hours a day, include:
- Happy Hollow Recycling Drop-Off, located at 1420 S. Happy Hollow Road
- Marion Orton Recycling Drop-Off, located at 735 W. North Street (now open 24 hours per day)
- Boys and Girls Club, located at 560 N. Rupple Road
- Gary Hampton Field, located at 2790 N. Salem Road
- Northwest Arkansas Mall (beginning May 11), located at 4201 N. Shiloh Dr.