The annual Joe Martin Gran Fondo bike rides are set for Saturday, Sept. 19 in Fayetteville.
This year’s ride includes eight course options for road riding, gravel cycling and a paved trail route.
Road routes include 13-mile, 25-mile, 55-mile, 65-mile or 85-mile options. Gravel courses are 44 miles or 70 miles long. There’s also a Razorback Greenway paved trail option. All courses begin and end at Walker Park in south Fayetteville.
Individual registration ranges from $50-$75. Tandem registration is also available. Registration includes a t-shirt, finisher medal, single-serve aid stations, and a goody bag.
Special options this year include the In-Person Solo Challenge and the Driveway Challenge.
The In-Person Solo Challenge lets riders pick a course and ride it by themselves anytime from 12 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18 through 12 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20 and then pick up a goody bag, t-shirt and finisher medal.
The Driveway Challenge lets riders choose their own route wherever they live and after completing a ride, a finisher medal, t-shirt and goody will be mailed to them. Another
The organizers, along with Experience Fayetteville, have added safety protocols this year due to COVID-19, including limiting the number of participants.
- Facial coverings (not buffs or neck gaiters) will be required before and after the event.
- Disinfectant will be located at high touch points. Regular disinfecting of common touch points will occur. Port-a-potties and hand washing stations will be located 6 feet apart.
- Participants must fill out a screening checklist (emailed prior to the event) and bring it to the event. Anyone with any symptoms will not be allowed to participate in the live event, but can transfer to a challenge event.
- Safety protocol announcements will be emailed to all participants prior to the event, posted on social media, and announced before and during the event.
- Spectators are asked to stay home, but the finish will be livestreamed on Facebook.
- Registration should be completed prior to arrival. Registration will be open until midnight on Friday, Sept. 18, 2020.
- If needed, any onsite registration will be done via personal cell phone.
- Packet pickup will be under a tent at Walker Park at the intersection of 13th Street and South College Ave. on Friday, Sept. 18 from 4-7 p.m. Participants should practice social distancing.
- Participants should be prepared to bring their own nurtrition hydration and extra hydration, but there will be aid stations on course with both water and Gatorade. These will be no-contact aid stations meaning only the event volunteers will fill water bottles. Also, participants should practice social distancing.
- Food and refreshments will be single-serve.
Start / Finish:
- To allow for proper social distancing, starts will be in small groups. Participants should stay clear of the start area until their group is called.
- After finishing, participants should pick up a medal and single-serve snacks and refreshments from the designated area. Facial coverings and social distancing are required when waiting for all members of a group.
- An email will be sent with instructions on viewing results online.
- Event staff will be monitoring participants and spectators to observe guidelines for face coverings and social distancing.
For more information, including registration guidelines and packet pickup, visit joemartingranfondo.com.