The Awakening Church in Fayetteville / Google
Polling locations will be open until 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in parts of Washington County for the state’s special primary election in Senate District 7.
The race will determine who replaces Sen. Lance Eads, R-Springdale, who resigned in October.
Republican contenders include Jim Bob Duggar of Tontitown, Colby Fulfer of Springdale, Robert “Edge” Nowlin of Fayetteville, and Steve Unger of Springdale.
Candidates in the Democratic primary are Lisa Parks of Tontitown, and Derek Van Voast of Springdale.
Senate District 7 includes a small portion of northeast Fayetteville where one polling location is set up for voting. The remainder of the district includes most of Springdale and Johnson, along with Elkins, Goshen and southern Tontitown.
The special election for primary winners is Feb. 8.
Polling locations include:
- The Awakening Church, 5763 E. Mission Blvd., Fayetteville
- Elmdale Baptist Church, 1700 W. Huntsville Road, Springdale
- First Baptist Church of Elkins (previously Elkins Community Center), 1960 N. Center St., Elkins
- First Church of the Nazarene, 2300 S. 40th St., Springdale
- Sonora Baptist Church, 17330 E. Hwy. 412, Springdale