Local artists, musicians and art organizations can now apply for the second year of grant funding from Creative Arkansas Community Hub and Exchange (CACHE).
The Springdale-based group is once again offering grants through its Creative Exchange Fund, a program supported by the Tyson Family Foundation that helps pay artists for their time while offering access to space and professional development resources.
Applications will be accepted online through July 17, with 36 grants totaling over $112,000 in the following categories:
- The Platform – Provides two $15,000 awards for performance-based artists and organizations for new work to be presented at the 371-seat theater inside The Medium in downtown Springdale.
- Spectra Series – Provides six $4,500 awards for exhibitions in the Medium’s main gallery or outdoor campus.
- The Medium Artist Residencies – Provides six $3,000 awards to provide studio space for 2D and 3D visual artists for six weeks.
- Producers – Provides six $2,500 awards to support community events organized by individual artists or organizations.
- Mixtape Music Series – Provides 16 $1,500 awards for musicians who will perform inside The Medium’s blackbox, stage, or main gallery during one of several free, all-ages live music events.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to attend an information session on June 15 and an in-person site tour of The Medium on June 24. Successful applicants will be notified in August.
All artists and organizations that received grant funding last year are included on the CFX website at themedium.art/artist-archive.