Anyone who’s even remotely familiar with Fayetteville’s dining options has experienced the cozy, eclectic basement restaurant that is Hugo’s. With its dim lights, intimate seating and motley decor, Hugo’s is a place a first-timer walks into and thinks, “Ooh… This is going to be good.” Locals often steer Fayetteville visitors through Hugo’s swinging screen door for a true taste of Original Fayetteville. Just off Fayetteville’s downtown square, the tables are continually full of locals looking for a great meal, a small bite to eat or a nightcap, and it’s inevitable you will see at least one familiar face during your visit. This Fayetteville staple is shoulder-to-shoulder on any given weekend night, so be sure to get there early and put your name on the list – then go grab yourself a drink at the bar, be sure to dodge the wait staff and keep your ears open for your name to be hollered.
Since 1977, Hugo’s has been serving up a diverse American menu, including great sandwiches, monster plates of nachos, grilled meats and fish, and arguably the best burger in Fayetteville – with a basket of inarguably the best homemade French fries in Fayetteville. Hugo’s also caters to the vegetarian crowd, offering up delicious options like the Veggie Reuben, the Avocado Sandwich and a multitude of crepes. And don’t forget dessert – the Grasshopper Crepes are a Fayetteville legend. Hugo’s drink menu also spans the globe with domestic and import beers, a wine selection and a full bar. No one will leave hungry or unsatisfied, and that’s a promise.
Every Fayettevillian has their own Hugo’s memory: “I broke up with my high school boyfriend there – and gorged on the Grasshopper Crepes after he stormed out…” “My best friend worked there through college and said it was the best job of her life.” “I talked my Red-Robin-loving uncle into trying Hugo’s for the Bleu Moon Burger, and now he’s a convert.” “I ate there before prom, even though I didn’t have a date. Don’t judge.” So what’s yours?
Share your most memorable Hugo’s moment with the Flyer and enter to win a $25 gift certificate.
How to enter: Leave a comment and tell us your best Hugo’s memory!
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
1. You may only enter this specific contest once. If you enter this contest more than once you’ll be automatically disqualified.
2. This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Hugo’s employees, and their immediate family members.
3. Contest is open until 11:59pm CST on Friday, February 6th, 2009.
4. Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
5. You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name, and mailing address if you win. Then, we’ll mail you the gift certificate.
If for some reason the slideshow doesn’t load, check out the entire set at our Flickr page.