Dickson Street. It is the undeniable cultural center of Fayetteville. The bars, restaurants, and businesses that line it on both sides make up a huge part of what we all identify with about Fayetteville. It is the center of the entertainment district, the best place to catch a live band or a show at the Walton Arts Center, the place to grab a drink with friends and relax after a tough week of work while at the same time see some dudes with signs warning you about how said drink will effect your position in the afterlife.
It’s the only place in town where you can get a late night hot dog on one side of the street and a Veal Saltimbocca and a Cremini Mushroom Demi Glace on the other.
In short, it’s awesome.
There are so many great restaurants on Dickson Street and we’re nearing the end of Restaurant week, so we thought we’d put together a grand prize of sorts. We’ve done a lot of giving away stuff on the Flyer this week and the winner of this contest is gonna be a pretty popular person with all this free food to share. We’re giving away a whole day on Dickson Street at three restaurants, so you could potentially have breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and a few drinks in between if that’s your thing) without ever leaving the heart of the city.
The winner of this contest gets a $50 gift certificate to either Common Grounds or Hog Haus (breakfast/brunch/lunch), 4 free burritos from Qdoba (Lunch, Afternoon Snack) and $50 to Bordino’s for dinner.
How to enter: Tell us about your favorite meal from any Dickson Street restaurant in the comments. Pretty easy, right?
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
1. You may only enter this specific contest once. If you enter this contest more than once you’ll be automatically disqualified.
2. This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers and their immediate family members.
3. Contest is open until 11:59pm CST on Saturday, February 7th, 2009.
4. Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
5. You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name, and mailing address if you win. Then, we’ll mail you the gift certificates.