Wanna get a Wakarusa preview about two months before the show, and without having to drive down to the Mulberry Mountain?
Two bands from the Wakarusa lineup will be making an appearance at George’s next Tuesday, and we have 4 sets of tickets to give away to see them.
According to their fans, their music is “transcendent and spiritual,” and like the jam bands of yore, Railroad Earth travel with more than just the band members and a few roadies. Lots of their fans follow them around the country, and I suppose some of them will be here next Tuesday, April 7th when the band plays at George’s.
I know several here in town are equally excited about the other band on the bill, Split Lip Rayfield who has a pretty big following of its own. They are best known for defining the “Stage 5” or “Thrash-grass” genre, which is basically bluegrass; rocked.
How to enter
Railroad Earth gets its name from a Jack Kerouac short story called “October in the Railroad Earth.” Leave a comment telling us the most awesome band name you’ve ever come up with. Just keep it clean, OK?
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, George’s employees and their immediate family members.
- Contest is open until 11:59p m CST on Sunday, April 5th, 2009.
- Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
- You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
Thanks to the George’s for sponsoring this contest. For more information about this performance and to purchase tickets, visit their website, or call 479-442-4226.