You know what rules? Dogs, that’s what.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it a million more times, but dogs are single-handedly the coolest animals on earth. Period.
Dogs are more awesome than ninjas, swords, bacon, helicopters, burritos, and wizards; combined. On May 2nd, the Humane Society of the Ozarks will host their 17th annual Dogwood Walk at Gulley park on Saturday beginning at 9:00 am. Registration is $25, and all the proceeds from the event go to benefit the Humane Society of the Ozarks, an organization that does great things for dogs all over Northwest Arkansas.
Last year, the grand marshal was University of Arkansas Basketball Coach John Pelphrey, and this year, his boss and University Athletic Director Jeff Long will be leading the walk. The schedule on Saturday is as follows:
- Walker registration begins
- Coffee courtesy of Jammin’ Java
- Booths open, and demonstrations begin
- Visit with shelter dogs who need homes
- Meet the Grand Marshal, UA Athletic Director Jeff Long
- The walk begins around Gulley Park’s 1.5 mile trail
- Free Papa John’s Pizza and drinks
- Awards ceremony
Awards will be given for Best Dressed Dog, Most Unique Dog, Best Owner-Dog Lookalike, and tons more. We were there last year, and it was a blast. Here’s a slideshow from last year’s dog walk to prove it.