Yard games are the best. And it’s weather like this that really gets us in the mood for tossing something around in our backyards with a special beverage in hand. Of course, backyards aren’t the only place for yard games. Front yards make good stadiums, too. So do stadium parking lots, garages, patios and even boats (big boats).
And while agreeing on a good place to play a yard game is never a challenge, agreeing on the name of the game sometimes is. What we call Cornhole, others call Baggo. And what we call Hillbilly Golf, some call Lawn Golf or even Ladder Golf. You say Washers, we say…well, OK…Washers.
What are some of your favorite yard games? And what do you call ’em? And when can we play?
Or maybe you’ll check out Scott Leeper (Ben Miller Band) at Smoke & Barrel? Jazz at Ella’s? East of Zion at Greenhouse Grille?
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Patrick Sallings
- George’s: Tantric, Aranda, Pretty Boy Convoy
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scott Leeper
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Pope County Bootleggers
- Ella’s: Jazz on the Hill
- Greenhouse Grille: East of Zion
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Jovan Arellano
- Modern Cafe: Bluegrass jam w/ Ron Wilbourn
- US Pizza Co: Sarah Hughes
- Club Fix: DJs EQ, Shortfuze