There’s plenty happening in Fayetteville tonight, but live music is not aplenty.
At 6 p.m., half of Fayetteville’s most vocal residents will be at the city council meeting arguing about Bikes, Babes & Bling and the other half will be at Ramay Junior High to see the design ideas for FHS’ upcoming renovation.
At 7 p.m. Martin Luther King III will speak at the Fayetteville Town Center as part of this week’s celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s life. The lecture is free and open to the public.
Across town at the Waterside Business Center, Green Drinks will join the local U.S. Green Building Council branch for their annual Membership Mixer event. This is also a free event. There will be food, drinks, and door prizes.
If it’s music you want, there’s jazz at Scarpino’s, chamber music at Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall and Jeff Fox is at JJ’s Grill ‘n Chill.
There’s also a Scrabble tournament at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. If you’re good, here’s your chance to prove it. Winner gets bar credit. Mmm.
Finally, Fayetteville Stitch & Bitch is tonight at The Lightbulb Club. Knit, crochet, sew … or just drink.
- Tuesday, January 19
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scrabble Tournament
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: “An Evening of Chamber Music”
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Ramay Junior High: FHS design meeting
- Waterside Business Center: Green Drinks
- Fayetteville Town Center: UA Distinguished Lecture: Martin Luther King III
- Lightbulb Club: Fayetteville Stitch & Bitch