Due to the winter weather forecast, most of today’s public meetings have been canceled. We know this because we’re on mailing lists for the school district and the City of Fayetteville. Also, we check a lot of websites each morning to make sure we’ve got things correct.
Staying on top of those things is fairly easy. What’s not easy is keeping track of all the other venues around town. So on a day like today when we don’t even know if there’s going to be power come sundown, keep in mind that our to-do listings could change at any moment.
We also know that the Eli Young Band will be playing earlier at George’s this evening. The show will now start at 8 p.m.
Sometime yesterday afternoon, a rumor was started that the Arkansas Razorback basketball game scheduled tonight would be starting early. We called and found out that no such things had been discussed, though. As of now, the game will still begin at 8 p.m. in Bud Walton Arena and if there’s no power or cable outages, you can it watch on ESPN2.
As for the rest of this list, heck, who knows…
- Thursday, January 28
- Sound Warehouse: The Great Scotts
- George’s: Eli Young Band
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Charliehorse Duo
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Pope County Bootleggers
- Teatro Scarpino: Big Bad Gina
- Bud Walton Arena: Arkansas Men’s basketball vs. Mississippi State
- Fayetteville Town Center: Jones Center’s Big Night w/ Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Jones Van Jones, Snake Eyes & The Bug Band
- Rogue: DJ Wars: Derrick v. Shortfuze
- 21st Amendment: Keith Nicholson