Not all music is meant for dancing. Take the Star Spangled Banner for instance. If you start dancing to that at a baseball game while the rest of the crowd is standing there with their hand on their chest, you’ll look like a total dingus. Granted, there are some people (me) who will smile and think, ‘holy balls, this guy rules,’ but you’ll still be a dingus. There’s no way around it.
Other times, like tonight at Speakeasy, the music will just be laid-back and there will be drinks and people to mingle with. You know, chillaxin’ music.
Baby Armie will also contribute. What’s chillaxin’ music? Sample here.
If you’ve got other needs tonight, that’s fine. There’s plenty to choose from.
Here’s that stuff plus about a dozen more (let us know if we missed your party):
- Thursday, June 10, 2010
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Barrett Baber
- Walton Arts Center: Art of Wine: The Winemaker’s Dinner
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Bill Dollar & Loose Change
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Two High Strung
- Mojo’s: Johnny Arredando
- Pesto Cafe: Kevin Bennoch
- Gulley Park: Seth James
- Powerhouse: Boom Kinetic
- Ultra Studios: Paintings and Wearable Art by Sarah Norsworthy
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Nunsense – two act musical comedy
- Rogue: This Year’s Fashion / This City Alive / Isabella
- George’s: 10 Years / Silverstone / Dreamfast
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jeff Kearney
- Speakeasy: Sayonara Set: Tanner Beam & Baby Armie