Tired of Fayetteville issues? Got the paid parking arts center blues? Just take a brief break from it all, if only for a few paragraphs.
Here, chew on this:
After three years (to the day), 35-year-old Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th home run yesterday making him the youngest baseball player to ever knock that many out of the park.
Speaking of New York, Caroline Giuliani was arrested for shoplifting yesterday afternoon. The 20-year-old daughter of former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani was allegedly stealing makeup from a Sephora store.
Finally, you’d have to be living under a rock not to know that Prop 8 was overturned by Judge Vaughn R. Walker yesterday stating, “Like opposite-sex couples, same-sex couples have happy, satisfying relationships and form deep emotional bonds and strong commitments to their partners.”
See, Fayetteville doesn’t have all the drama. It spreads itself around.
Tonight is First Thursday Fayetteville night. Before choosing something from the list below, make sure you drop by the square to see what all the fuss is about. Don’t forget to walk into East Square Plaza and head downstairs to Fayetteville Underground for a bit, too. That’s where the heart of the event lies.
Over at Smoke & Barrel later, there’s a First Thursday after party at 8 p.m. Lucio on the mic, Bizar on the tables.
Here’s a list with that and much more:
- Thursday, August 5, 2010
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday Fayetteville
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jason Plumlee
- Fayetteville Public Library: Surf de Soleil
- East Square Plaza: Celebration of Beaux-Arts Wine Event
- Jose’s: Leah & The Mojo Doctors
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Clarence Perry
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Walton Arts Center: Beauty and the Beast
- Mojo’s: Pope County Bootleggers
- Powerhouse: Boom Kinetic
- George’s: Charliehorse / Crazy Neighbor
- Artist’s Laboratory Theatre: Artist’s Laboratory Theatre: Bombs, Babes & Bingo
- Drifters: Quinntalkin’
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Lucio presents DJ Night w/ Bizar