If tonight’s discussion at about second-hand smoke in Fayetteville’s bars is anything like the one here on the Flyer, things could get pretty interesting at U.S. Pizza at around 6 p.m.
Of course, after 455 votes in our poll from last week, 68% of readers said they were in favor of a smoking ban in every bar and tavern in town. Only 29% answered “No way.”
Alt-country/roots fans looking to soak up all of tonight’s offerings have their work cut out for them.
George’s Majestic Lounge hosts Rhett Miller and his Old97’s. Down the street at Rogue, Carter Sampson will play along with locals Shulertown and Damn Arkansan, and up a few doors to the west, UARK Ballroom has Effron White and Nashville Unleashed.
On the square, Fayetteville Underground has some art openings. On Block Street, Sound Warehouse has a photography exhibit and right next door, The Lightbulb Club hosts 3rd Thursdays with KXUA 88.3FM’s DJ EJ spinning the tunes.
Elsewhere, Walton Arts Center has Jubilant Sykes & Alan Chow, Smoke & Barrel has Matt & Gus Smith, and Speakeasy has another edition of Dubstep Thursdays.
Here’s the rest:
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Old 97’s
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mike & Grady
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt & Gus Smith
- UARK Ballroom: Effron White / Nashville Unleashed
- Walton Arts Center: Jubilant Sykes & Alan Chow
- Fayetteville Underground: Art openings
- Fayetteville Public Library: Free Flix for Teens: The Social Network
- Sound Warehouse: ‘When Nature Calls’ a Photography Exhibition by Grant Scarsdale
- The Garden Room: Ooh La La! Chocolate & Wine Pairing Dinner
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Sundown Town
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Carter Sampson / Shulertown / Damn Arkansan
- Teatro Scarpino: 1 oz Jig
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Robert Hatfield
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursdays: w/ HAVOK
- The Lightbulb Club: KXUA 88.3FM presents: 3rd Thursdays
- City Hall: Subdivision Committee * – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall: Service Award Presentation – 10:00 a.m.
- City Hall: FFEAC Inclusion Group – 12:00 p.m.
- Airport Conference Room: Airport Board – 1:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Historic District Commission * – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Telecommunications Board * – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Southeast Fayetteville Community Center/YRCC – 6:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk