In case you didn’t know, KXUA 88.3FM, the student-run radio station broadcasting out of the University of Arkansas campus here in Fayetteville, celebrated its 11th birthday earlier this month.
That’s 11 years of eclectic, commercial-free radio without a single song played from the recent Billboard Top 40 charts.
Nice dang job, KXUA.
The station’s Facebook page recently featured a collection of logos, promos and DJ recruitment material that’s worth taking a look at, especially if you’ve been around town long enough to remember the early days of KXUA.
The latest addition to that collection is a logo (featured above) designed by Fayetteville expat Bryan Moats.
Nice dang job, Bryan.
Speaking of KXUA, the station hosts a Third Thursday party tonight at the Lightbulb Club on Block Street with Mixx Tenn and Little Rock’s 607. Yes, the same 607 that was at FIX last night. Here’s a rare opportunity to see (or not miss) 607 two nights in a row.
There’s plenty more happening, too. Matt & Gus Smith are releasing a CD at Smoke & Barrel, Matthew Henriksen gives a reading at Nightbird Books, there’s a party on the patio at Powerhouse, and Kevin Baker is at Greenhouse Grille.
Full list below:
- Greenhouse Grille: Kevin Baker
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Jacob Grewe – Tuba Recital
- Nadine Baum Studios: reasons to be pretty
- Powerhouse Seafood: The Heat
- Nightbird Books: Matthew Henriksen reads from Ordinary Sun
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Screening of “The Natural State of America”
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt & Gus Smith album release party
- Speakeasy: Willie Stradlin
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Uncle Kracker
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Jarris / Well Well Well / Televise
- The Lightbulb Club: KXUA’s 3rd Thursday w/ 607 and Mixx Tenn
- City Hall, Room 326: Policemen’s Pension and Relief Board of Trustees * – 3:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Planning Agenda Session, Tour and City Plan 2030 Work Session * – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 219: Telecommunications Board * – 5:30 p.m.
- Yvonne Richardson Center: Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting – 6:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk