The last time The Whigs played in Fayetteville, they drove nearly 24 hours straight from a performance on Late Night With Conan O’Brien in New York.
Today’s drive from Memphis won’t rack up nearly as much mileage, and after checking arkansashighways.com, it doesn’t look like there are any weather-related delays on I-40.
In other words, The Whigs should make it into town with plenty of time to grab some food and relax a little before taking the stage at George’s Majestic Lounge tonight.
Chicago’s Company of Thieves open the show. Admission is $12.
Also tonight, the 3rd Annual Spring Market is set for 5:30 p.m. at The North Forty, there’s live jazz at Teatro Scarpino and there’s Razorback baseball at Baum Stadium at 6:35 p.m.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Earth Day at the Garden
- The North Forty: Spring Market – A Unique Boutique
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Russ Hutchison
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Whigs / Company of Thieves
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Open mic night
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- City Hall, Room 326: City Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
City Hall, Room 326: Equipment Committee * – 5:30 p.m.– Cancelled
- City Hall, Room 326: Street Committee * (agenda) – 6:15 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk