Alright, smokers. We’ve got good news and bad news. Which do you want first? OK, dumb question.
The bad news* is that a smoking ban for all Fayetteville bars has been proposed and unless the majority of the City Council is against it, you’ll be walking outside to smoke a lot more. In preparation, you might want to start practicing saying, “Could you watch my beer for a minute?” you know, just in case.
The good news is that the sun is finally shining on our corner of the state which means your smoke breaks will be a helluva lot more enjoyable today.
*Yeah, yeah, we know. Not every smoker thinks this is bad news.
Speaking of good weather, the Hardaway & The Commoners show tonight at Powerhouse Seafood‘s Party on the Patio should be fun.
On the just-as-fun-but-not-just-as-good-weather-needing front, the NAMAs are tonight at George’s Majestic Lounge. Good luck to all the nominees.
The full list is below.
- Powerhouse Seafood: Hardaway & The Commoners
- Savor: Single Parent Scholarship Fund’s Scholarship Social
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Preparatory Orchestra – Strings and Piano Concert
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Burnett Trio
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Butterfly Gardening
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Reasons to Be Pretty
- Rogue Pizza Co.: The Dirty Dogs
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: DJ Night with Shortfuze
- George’s Majestic Lounge: NAMA Awards
- City Hall, Room 326: Firemen’s Pension and Relief Fund Board of Trustees * – 3:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Planning Agenda Session, Tour and City Plan 2030 Work Session * – 4:00 p.m.
- Adams Leadership Center: Fayetteville School Board Meeting (agenda) – 5:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods * – 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Housing Authority Board of Commissioners * – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk