It’s a sad day for many folks in Arkansas, particularly in Searcy, with news that our state’s own Yarnell’s ice cream has shut down after 78 years in business.
It’s the end of about 200 jobs in Arkansas, and over 60 flavors of delicious ice cream, yogurt, and other tasty treats including the Razorback-inspired Woo Pig Chewy.
Grab some Yarnell’s while you can and keep Searcy in your thoughts today.
Below is today’s to-do list which includes the return of Double Tough at Smoke & Barrel with DJs Bizar, Baby Armie and Shortfuze. We heard from Baby Armie this morning who told us his set will be an all-New Orleans bounce music mix and he’ll be giving out party favors for those in attendance. What’s the gift? An exclusive download code for an accompanying NOLA bounce mix he recorded. Nice.
Also tonight, Big Smith is playing Party on the Patio at Powerhouse, the Inn at Carnall Hall gets its own wine series, and city officials will host a ribbon cutting for the newly renovated Wilson Park trail.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Ella’s: “Inn at Carnall Hall” wine series debut
- Wilson Park: Ribbon Cutting for Wilson Park Trail
- JJ’s Grill: Isayah Warford
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: KUAF Fulbright Summer Chamber Music Festival
- Powerhouse Seafood: Big Smith
- Nadine Baum Studios: One Person Shows: Works in Progress
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Black Pearl
- George’s Majestic Lounge: I Do Declare / St. Daze
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Double Tough: Bizar / Baby Armie / Shortfuze
- 21st Amendment: Keith Nicholson
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk