We’re looking at another upper-90s day today. Don’t forget the 3 steps, folks.
Step 1: Find a cool (temperature) place.
Step 2: Pour, buy, or make (?) yourself some water.
Step 3: Sit in the place.
Step 4: Drink the water.
OK, that’s 4 steps.
Once things cool off a bit, find yourself something to do using the list below.
Included are heavy metal vets Sevendust, who’ve been at it since 1994. They’re at George’s Majestic Lounge tonight and will be joined by Adelita’s Way, Seven Day Sonnet, and Violence to Vegas. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $21.
On a lighter note, Austin-based Albert and Gage are at Goodfolk this evening. Christine (Albert) and Chris (Gage) have also been around the block a few times. Twelve years and six duet albums worth, that is.
Elsewhere, it’s Farmers’ Market day on the square, there’s a scheduled mountain bike ride around Lake Fayetteville starting at Lewis & Clark, and there are a few other live music options.
Locals: Lauren Koenigsman, Angel Brodsky, Josh Higgins, Nancy Hairston, Lydia Pl, Teresa Loftin, Alston Rhonda, Matt Charboneau
Others: Singer Vikki Carr is 70, musician Brian May (Queen) is 64, and actor Anthony Edwards (ER) is 49.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Lewis & Clark Outfitters: Mountain Bike Ride
- GoodFolk: Christine Albert & Chris Gage
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Sevendust / Adelita’s Way / Seven Day Sonnet/ Violence to Vegas
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk